-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: JDK 1.5 Enum mapping
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:21 pm 

Hi!

I'm trying to create persistence objects using the new javax.persistence API (JSR 220) and Hibernate (3.2 RC1, EntityManager 3.1 Beta8).

The problem is that I'm trying to map an entity to an existing DB2 table. Unfortunately, the table has a lot of 'Y'/'N' columns that where used for booleans. Ugly.

I tried to build a clean API around this and wanted to use an enum for this. Is there a possibility to map a column value of 'N' to an enum value named MyEnum#NO and 'Y' to YES?

I tried it and currently Hibernate throws an exception because it can't reslove the 'N' to NO.

Thanks,
KM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:25 am 
Expert
Expert

There are several ways to do this. My favourite is to tweak StringValuedEnumType. Have a read of http://www.hibernate.org/273.html.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:09 am 

Thanks. But is there a way to do it in a JSR220 way, i.e. without using Hibernate classes in my code?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:24 pm 
Expert
Expert

This doesn't invlolve using hibernate classes in your code. It involves writing code that you put into hibernate. Or rather, that you tell hibernate about. You never use the class that you write, all it does is tell hibernate how to handle your enums. The only reference to the class is in your mapping file.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]