-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Medium Trust
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:23 am 

I've searched the fourms and found some info about using NHibernate in Medium Trust ASP.Net websites, but I just wanted to get an update.

Is Medium Trust supported? and if not, is it coming? I love NHibernate but this issue is a deal-breaker right now for me because I want my apps to be usable on web hosts that only allow Medium Trust so any info would be much appreciated.

As far as I can tell, the Castle.DynamicProxy library would be the main issue because it uses Reflection.Emit (I think, not having dived too far into the code). The other assemblies should work if they have the AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers attribute applied or the Strong Name removed. Any update on Medium Trust support would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:23 am 
Contributor
Contributor

I know that one of the problems with Medium Trust was the use of IL-based HashCodeProvider. This is now gone from the SVN version, but I don't know if it will be enough. So, if you can, please test the latest SVN version. It's possible to disable the use of DynamicProxy, but performance may greatly suffer as a result.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]