-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate 3.0 EntityManager
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:41 am 

I am using weblogic as application server and currently we have persistence mechanism using EJB 2.0. We want to use the benefits of HIBERNATE's persistence architecture. So we wish to migrate to EJB 3.0 persistence architecture .

Currently weblogic haven't implemented EJB 3.0 specifications. My question is that if I migrate to HIBERNATE's EntityManager persistence architecture(which is basically EJB 3.0 specifications), what things will have to change in my system later when weblogic comes out with EJB 3.0 specifications implemented. And how difficult would it be to make my system complaint with what weblogic has to offer as EJB 3.0 programming model.

Post subject: i don't think it's a easy job
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:52 am 

i am a new user to hibernate. but i want to say some thing here.

i think u can swich to hibernate architecture in the persistence parts of your system. HIBERNATE's EntityManager just a entity manager. we can't use it as session service(e.g sessionbean in ejb specify). if u use ejb2.0' sessionbean, it's very hard for u to rewrite all the sessionbean to invoke hibernate's entities.

Post subject: Hibernate 3.0 EntityManager - What can be a good strategy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:10 am 

Actually we are currently using Session Beans as facade to our data(entity beans) and , of course, it complies with EJB 2.0 specification. So what I understand is that it will be hard to invoke the Hibernate's EntityManager(entities) from Session Beans(ejb 2.0). Does this mean it is better that i wait for EJB 3.0 implementation and then migrate my Session Beans and Entity Beans in one shot to the new architecture.

Actually I was thinking if I could do the migration in a staged process. First do my persistece layer and then Session Beans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:04 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Even better, you should use JBoss Embeddable EJB3 inside weblogic. Some people have successfully used it if I remember. This way you have the full EJB3 programatic paradygm. And you'll be able to switch to the Weblogic implementaion smoothly (or even better not switch since our impl is better ;-) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:28 am 

Salut Emannuel,

I have the same problem with Weblogic and EJB3. I'm using Hibernate's ejb3.jar but it seems that weblogic's javax.persistence is in high priority than other packages of libraries. What is the solution for using third party jar files instead of weblogics'?

Bests,
Amin Emami
http://www.FourSunIT.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:23 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

probably put ejb3-persisetnce.jar in front of you weblogic classpath

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]