-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: 'on' clause usage - Hibernate dynamic query translator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:49 pm 

Hibernate version: 3.1

Name and version of the database you are using: DB2 Version 8.x
When I try to use Dynamic query translator with the following SQL query I get errors:
select acc.username from Account acc join Profile prof on acc.userid=prof.userid

It is failing at 'ON' clause and I do not see any error in SQL syntax. Please note that all classes used in thsi SQL query are available in the workspace/project

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:
org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: unexpected token: on near line 1, column 74 [select acc.username from com.ibm.hibernate.Account acc join Profile prof on acc.userid=prof.userid

]
Caused by:
org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: unexpected token: on near line 1, column 74 [select acc.username from com.ibm.hibernate.Account acc join Profile prof on acc.userid=prof.userid

]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:39 am 
Beginner
Beginner

use 'with' clause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:12 pm 

tbech wrote:
use 'with' clause

When I use 'with' clause I get this error message:
Caused by:
org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: Path expected for join! [Select act.firstname from com.ibm.hibernate.Account act join Profile prof with act.userid=prof.userid]

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:28 pm 
Expert
Expert

A normal join would look something like this:

Code:
select acc.username from Account acc join acc.profile prof

(assuming Account has an association to Profile named 'profile')

If you want to have extra join conditions, you can use 'with', but as far as I know, you can't join across two unassociated classes. The association must be there in the mapping files (e.g. Account.profile). And you must use that association in the join ( 'join acc.profile', not just 'join Profile').

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]