-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: org.hibernate.MappingException: Unknown entity:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:25 am 

Hello,

I am trying to find an element by it's id. However it hibernate is raising the exception
org.hibernate.MappingException: Unknown entity: mypackage.common.InterfaceAssignmentDef. Now I use the following code to retrieve an AssignmentDef from it's Id.
Code:
    @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
    public T findById(ID id, boolean lock) {
        T entity;
        if (lock){

entity = (T) getSession().load(getPersistentClass(), id, LockMode.UPGRADE);
        }
        else{

entity = (T) getSession().load(getPersistentClass(), id);
        }
        return entity;
    }
I had copied this code from an example I had seen on this same website. Now this code works fine for other objects without any problems (Assignments, Schools, etc) However it seems to give a problem on this particular class.

The only difference in this class is that this class (AssignmentsDef) has a List object containing the a list of objects of type Assignment. Then there is another object of type Class that has a List of type Assignment. Therefore the assignment class is like a link table in databases.

Now I searched on the internet and I foound out that it could be from the mapping file not being found. I searched for the mapping file inside the War file and I found it.

I also find a post here talking about a bug that was solved in 3.1, however I downloeaded this and I still could have this problem :(

I do not know what to do next since the code is practically the same as in other classes I have.

thanks and regards,
kcorp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:53 am 

Just for further information:

I did this method instead of the other one I placed in my previos post to search by id:
Code:
public SkillDefinition findById(Long id){

Criteria search = getSession().createCriteria(AssignmentDef.class);
   Criterion uid = Restrictions.eq("id", id);

search.add(uid);

List<InterfaceAssignmentDef> result = search.list();
   InterfaceAssignmentDef assignmentsDef = null;

if(result != null){

skill = result.get(0);
   }

return skill;
}
This worked fine!!

However I am still not a satisfied bunny :) I really want to know why the other method is not working. I am posting the code of the other method again, and explain better how it works:
Code:
@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
public T findById(ID id, boolean lock) {
   T entity;
   if (lock){

entity = (T) getSession().load(getPersistentClass(), id, LockMode.UPGRADE);
   }
   else{

entity = (T) getSession().load(getPersistentClass(), id);
  }
   return entity;
}
In this method there is use of generics. T and ID are defined when initializing the class. In this case they are initialized as T = InterfaceAssignmentDef and ID = Long. As I said, this works fine in all the other classes I have, it just does not want to work in this one :(

I would be really greatfull to anyone who replies. I have made it worked, however I would not like it to remain working in that way, since it just looks like a hack.

thanks and regards,
kcorp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:37 pm 

Please know one knows why this could be happenening? I really can not find an explanation why it is failing :(

reg,
kcorp

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]