-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: hibernate in distributed architecture
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:18 am 
How can i use hibernate when i have 2 database servers and in one transaction data is to be saved in 2 mapped tables that are in different databse servers. I have to rool back transaction in first server if transaction fails in second server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:21 am 
Expert
Expert

In this case you have to setup two session factories, one for each database server. In addition to that you must configure 2 XA DataSources in your app server and you have to bind hibernate to JTA of your app server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:38 am 
reffering to code below

Session session = HibernateUtil.getSessionFactory().getCurrentSession();

session.beginTransaction();

as in above code. the transaction in associated with one session, but my requirement is to attach one transaction with two sessions.

or is the case is that, using one session object i have access to both database servers??
like..
session.save(FirstPojo); // One DB server
session.save(secondPojo);// Other DB server

session.getTransaction().commit();
-----------------
in above case, is the commit is fired to both DB servers on successfull completion in both DB servers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:06 am 
CGLIB Developer
CGLIB Developer

Call "UserTransaction.commit()" to commit JTA transaction.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]