-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: How can Hibernate be integrated into our product?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:54 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Name and version of the database you are using: Postgres8.1, for now

Hibernate version: 3.1

To make a long story short I do not really see a simple way to integrate Hibernate into our product. Our product is a two-tired solution with SQL statements being generated, and executed, on the client. I know that this scenario has many problems, that is why I am trying to move us off of this mechanism, and hoping that Hibernate can help us.
All my work so far in Hibernate has been through HQL, which works great. Passing “undecorated” SQL into hibernate does not work. Decoration in that last sentence is referring to the table alias tags and other extras that seem to be required.
Our client side is large and I cannot shut down the company, a startup, for several years to re-write all of our data access code across all of our products. Nor, because of performance, and the time it would take to re-testing our entire product, can I honestly propose the use, and construction of, a translator from SQL to HQL or the decorated SQL.
Surly, hopefully, I am not the first person to face this. Is there something that I am missing here? What is a solution to this problem?
thanks, a lot..
Good Dog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:27 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

you have 2 options:

session.connection() and session.createSQLQuery()

createSQLQuery() in the latest 3.1.x does not require any special alias handling as long as you return column aliases that is the same as the one used in the mapping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:13 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Okay.. I am downloading the 3.1.2 version and setting it up. Let me just try a simple SQL statement and I will let you know what happens.. Man I am really hoping this works. I think it will. But lets just try a couple SQL queries. Either way, thanks for helping me out. I am kind of new to the SQL end of hibernate. So let me get a new version of postgresql and all that put together and some tables defined and work on this.. Thanks man..

good dog..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]