-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Querying on existence in a set
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:53 pm 

Hi all,

I've read various old threads about how to do this in Hibernate, but I'm just making sure.

I have a Group objects, which contains a member Set of User objects, named memberUsers. I want to build a Criteria-based query that returns all Group objects whose memberUsers Set contains a given User.

By what I've been reading, my query function should be something like this:

List<Group> getGroupsWithUser(User user)
{
Criteria crit = session.createCriteria(Group.class);
Criteria userCrit = crit.createCriteria("memberUsers");
userCrit.add(Restrictions.eq("this", user));
return crit.list();
}

Can someone confirm, or modify, what is needed to get this to work? Other threads seem to base the criteria on being given some property of a User object in memberUsers, *not* what to do if given a User entity itself. It was buried somewhere that "this" should be used as the Restriction.

Thanks for any confirmation!

--Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:37 pm 
Expert
Expert

Looks good. You'll probably want to put a ResultTransformer on the criteria so that it doesn't return one Group per User. Criteria.DISTINCT_ROOT_ENTITY is good for that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]