-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Swing Best Practices
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:04 pm 

Hibernate version: 3.0

Name and version of the database you are using: MySQL 5

Hi everyone..

I am using hibernate and swing to develop a financial application. This aplication will be in 3 or 4 computer sharing the same DB working together. Also i using long session in the application because i readed that for swing is best, but i have a problem with concurrent. When a user add some entity object to database the others users dont see the new object added, then i call the session.clear() to evict all cached object but dont work, also i think to use second level cache but in HiA said that its dangerous for database shared for many writing application.

What are the best practices to handle cache in this case?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:54 am 
Expert
Expert

try session.refresh()

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]