-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Questions about Hibernate log.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:37 am 

Hello!
I'm using Hibernate EntityManager and Annotations and I see that it's logging every operation and showing them on the console. Does Hibernate store that log in a file? If so, where can I find this file? Also, how can I disable the log if I want?
Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:31 am 
Expert
Expert

hibernate uses log4j. put the log4f jar file on your classpath, make a log4j.properties file, then you can specify where, and how much logging is performed.

If you were at work doing this voluntarily, imagine what you'd want to see to answer a question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:22 pm 

I think that my version of Hibernate is using commons-logging-1.0.4.jar because it is in my classpath and Log4j is not. So, how should I proceed?
Thank you.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:37 pm 
Expert
Expert

MarcosAntonioPS wrote:
I think that my version of Hibernate is using commons-logging-1.0.4.jar because it is in my classpath and Log4j is not. So, how should I proceed?
Thank you.
[/quote]

the commons-logging library file allows you to specify a logging variable to use. it is then typical of java applications to use log4j to configure the logging settings.

I think hibernate comes with the log4j jar, but if it doesn't, just d/l it, put it on your classpath, then make a file called "log4j.properties" which must be in a source folder.

you should be able to find a standard configuration for the log4j.properties file online, if you can't, I can post mine here :)

If you were at work doing this voluntarily, imagine what you'd want to see to answer a question.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]