-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: calculated field in criteria?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:45 am 

Hi there

I would like to find a calculated field inside my DetachedCriteria query and return it as part of the result.

For example: I have an end date and a start date and I want to calculate the duration between the two (the exact field is not in the database object)

I have not been able to do this - any ideas if it's possible? Projection somehow ?

And if this is possible - is it possible to do an orderBy on the calculated field?

Thanks++

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:29 pm 
Expert
Expert

"I have an end date and a start date and I want to calculate the duration between the two"

What are u going to do with this?

Don't forget to rate.

Post subject: goal
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:18 am 

I'd like to get the result of the duration in the result set, as well as run an order by on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:29 am 
Regular
Regular

Try sql projection. Something like

criteria.setProjection(Projections.sqlProjection("(enddate - startdate) as duration", new String[]{"duration"}, new org.hibernate.type.DateType[]{new org.hibernate.type.DateType()}),"duration");

and then

criteria.addOrder((Order.asc("duration")).ignoreCase());

Please check if DateType is the correct type of the value returned by sql fragment.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]