-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to load, modify and save a collection?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:21 pm 

It is too stupid but I cannot figure out how to load, modify and save a collection.

Exmple:
Code:
ITransaction transaction = session.BeginTransaction();
IList foos = session.CreateQuery("from foo").List(); // foos is just an ArryList,
                                                     // not a persistent collection!
foos.Add(new Foo());
session.SaveOrUpdate(foos);
transaction.Commit();

Remarks:
1. Collection (foos) in the real application changed not by me, but by data binding, so I do not know what has been changed, thus I do not want to save each Foo instance individually.

2. Collection (foos) does not mapped as propery (or field) of any class, but I can map it to class with name Registry for example, but this class must be static (or a singleton) and it does not persist in any database table at all, so it has no id.

Can anybody tell how to save modifyed collection or make mapping of it as a property of a not persistent class (without id).

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:36 am 
Regular
Regular

(vb code but should be no problem converting into c#)
<code>
for each foo as Foo in foos
session.saveOrUpdate(foo)
next
</code>

Post subject: Не не
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:55 am 

Не не, foreach? What about deleting an item?
Code:
foos.RemoveAt(0);
foreach (Foo foo in foos)
{
     session.Delete... // Нmm how to delete???
}

Thanks, I thought so and first decided to make a clone of collection and compare two collections in order to remove deleted items but finally I implemented IBindingList and IEditableObject to handle each item individually.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]