-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: probably bug in bulk delete
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:41 pm 
Regular
Regular

Hello, I made a small test case to demonstrate what I think is a bug in bulk delete. Before I file a bug in Jira, could someone please verify if I'm doing something wrong or if it is really a bug?

Hibernate version: 3.1

Mapping documents:
Code:
<hibernate-mapping package='com.csg.pmnet.se.model' default-access="field" default-cascade="all">

<class name='T1' table='se_t1'>
        <id name='id'/>
        <set name='t2s' inverse="true">
            <key column='t1'/>
            <one-to-many class='T2'/>
        </set>
    </class>

<class name='T2' table='se_t2'>
        <id name='id'/>
        <many-to-one name='t1' class='T1'/>
    </class>

</hibernate-mapping>

Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():
Code:
        s.createQuery("from T1 t1 where size(t1.t2s)=0").list();
        s.createQuery("delete from T1 t1 where size(t1.t2s)=0").executeUpdate();

Name and version of the database you are using:
Oracle 9.2

The generated SQL (show_sql=true):
Code:
select t1x0_.id as id0_ from pms.se_t1 t1x0_ where (select count(t2s1_.t1) from pms.se_t2 t2s1_ where t1x0_.id=t2s1_.t1)=0
delete from pms.se_t1 where (select count(t2s1_.t1) from pms.se_t2 t2s1_ where id=t2s1_.t1)=0

Note the difference between the select and the delete statement: the select statement has a qualified id column in the subquery (.. where t1x0_.id=....), the delete does not. The select statement does the right thing.

In my case, since both tables have a column named id, the delete statement is wrong in that it takes the id column from the se_t2 table instead of the se_t1 table, obviously with a wrong result (it tries to delete ALL records which is prevented by a foreign key constraint).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:55 am 
Regular
Regular

Hello, just one last try to get your attention before I finally file this as a bug in Jira. Did anyone from the Hibernate team have time to have a look at my post?

I made my own work-around by modifying the tables column name, so the unqualified column name no longer hurts and now refers to the correct table.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:29 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Well, Oracle does not support table aliases in the delete clause. So I guess the correct SQL is this, eliminating the irrelevant schema names:

Code:
delete from se_t1 where (select count(t2s1_.t1) from se_t2 t2s1_ where se_t1.id=t2s1_.t1)=0

Sure, submit to JIRA.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]