-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate equivalent to Toplink's DataReadQuery
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:08 pm 

Hi,

I'm experienced with Toplink, but need to transfer a Toplink technique to Hibernate for some application integration requirements we have.

In Toplink a DataReadQuery is purely a SQL query result, i.e. not really object relational mapping.

I can execute a query and then iterate over the result rows, and for each row iterate over the result columns.

This is quite useful for queries (like report queries) that don't really need object relational mapping, or where the query is dynamic and returned fields are not pre-determined.

Is their an equivalent in Hibernate?

I'm aware there are other options (Spring/SQL Maps), but I would prefer to stick with Hibernate so that I can hand over the code to a dev. team who are heavily using Hibernate.

Thanks.
Mike S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:27 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

yes this is possible even keeping HQL. But I would definetly recommend you to read the reference documentation before doing your migration otherwise you'd miss some interesting features not available in Hibernate and vice versa. The philosophy might be different in some specific areas

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]