-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Create Classes from Hibernate
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:18 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I am trying to develop a pluginable application and at the same time using hibernate. Needless to say I am still doing scatched of how the applications should work (since I have only started hibernate a few weeks ago).

My question; Is there a way to create a table inside the database according to the hibernate hbm.xml document?

I tried to do some search on google, but could not find much. I know that thre are third party toold that can create the database schema from the classes! but could I do this withing my application itself?

regards,
sim085

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:32 am 
Senior
Senior

Lookup hbm2ddl in the Hibernate docs for loading a schema from a HBM document. There are ant tasks available that do this task.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:44 am 
Beginner
Beginner

thanks for the reply :) I will definitly check that altough do not think I can use the ant task.

btw - a better title for this is " Hpw tp create Database Tables from Classes"

Sorry for the wrong title .. just had a very big headache when was writing my first post!

regards,
sim085

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:51 pm 
Senior
Senior

The ant task is only a wrapper over the actual class(SchemaExport) that does the actual work of creating the DDLs.
If you are looking to get more information about the Classes/Tables from the HBM , you can look up the metadata classes in the
org.hibernate.metadata package

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:30 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks rajasaur,

I will definitly go checking the package you mentioned :)

regards,
sim085

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]