-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Load a lazy attribute
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:02 am 

Hibernate version: 3.0.5

Mapping documents:
Code:
    <class name="Module" table="c_mod_v2">
         <composite-id>
           <key-property name="ModNo" column="mod_no" type="java.lang.Integer"/>
           <key-property name="ClientBpCd" column="client_bp_cd" type="java.lang.String" />
           <key-property name="ClientOdsCd" column="client_ods_cd" type="java.lang.String" />
        </composite-id>
        <property name="ChainNb" column="chain_nb" type="java.lang.String" />
        <property name="ClustNb" column="clust_nb" type="java.lang.String" />
        <property name="ModClstCd" column="mod_clst_cd" type="java.lang.String" />       
        <property name="ModNm" column="mod_nm" type="java.lang.String"  not-null="true" />
        <property name="ModTyCd" column="mod_ty_cd" type="java.lang.String" />               
        <property name="NbSlots" column="nb_slots" type="java.lang.Integer" />
        <property name="RackNo" column="rack_no" type="java.lang.Integer"  not-null="true" lazy="true"/>
        <property name="CUid" column="c_uid" type="java.lang.String"  not-null="true" lazy="true" />
        <property name="CDt" column="c_dt" type="java.util.Date"  not-null="true" lazy="true" />
        <property name="UUid" column="u_uid" type="java.lang.String" lazy="true"/>
        <property name="UDt" column="u_dt" type="java.util.Date" lazy="true"/>
        <property name="SusyTxCd" column="susy_tx_cd" type="java.lang.String" lazy="true"/>
        <property name="RecStat" column="rec_stat" type="java.lang.Short"  not-null="true" lazy="true"/>
    </class>

In rare occasions I would like to also load the attributes which are specified with lazy="true". Hibernate.initialize() seems to only work with relations.
Is there an equivalent for 'plain' attributes?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:11 am 
Regular
Regular

Not sure it's the best solution, but I have a similar situation and have a class that extends it, e.g. "FullModule extends Module" and then have a different mapping for that without the lazy loading with a new DAO method. In fact, in my scenario the parent does not even have the mappings and my child class adds new mappings (I have one that brings back minimal stuff for listing and a full detail one since I am dealing with longblobs).

This may not be best practice though and I am still relatively new to hibernate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:16 am 

Well that is probably a way to go but I am also not sure if this is the best way. I was assuming that Hibernate.initialize() would load these properties.

Having an extra class with other mappings seems does not help me.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:20 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

from Module fetch all properties

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:37 am 

Ok, that does the trick. Although now I have to create a HQL and cannot just use load() or get().

Also, when I update the object now and the lazy fields ARE initialized they are not updated to the DB, although I changed a value.

I thought, if I have lazy fields which are initialized and they are updated, then they should also be written to the DB, no??

Thanks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]