-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: One class having several fields to Multiple Tables mapping
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:33 am 

Dear Sir,
In response to your reply, I worked accordingly, but I was getting exception like org.Hibernate.HinbernateMappingException. Now I want to make my question more clear and lucid. My requirement is that I have a class like this
public class Employee {
Long id;
String firstName;
String lastName;
String designation;
String address ;
String emailId;
int age;
int salary;
}

I have to store the data in Multiple tables like this.
TABLE 1
id(pk) firstName lastName

TABLE 2
id(pk) Designation Adress

TABLE 3
id EmailId age salary

All tables are independent.
Table 1 may have 10 rows, Table 2 may have 13 rows, Table 3 may have 40 rows

Please help me how to do it. This my requirement. Please give me the mapping code snippet. I have to resolve this issue. I will write one mapping file that will store data in the multiple tables. I have a class that has a method storeDataInDatabase(String fname,Strin lname....like this). I should not use <join>. Because using <join> I have tables that will refer the primary key of first table .

I will be happy if you give me some links on flexible mappings. Besides give me any link how to know the syntax of writing hibernate mapping file. I am simply following the standard mapping file.

Please respond to me in piku.mishra@gmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:40 pm 
Regular
Regular

i do not think this can be done. the tables need to related to each other.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]