-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Where should this <sql-query declaration go???
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:12 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out where to put my stored procedure declaration call should go??

I have some thing like this:

<sql-query name="Sp_Picc" callable="true">
<return alias="rec" class="com.telcove.phoenix.picc.dao.common.PICCRecord">
<return-property name="saAcctNo" column="sa_account_num"/>

</return>
{ ? = call Sp_Picc_Batch_Process(?, ?, ?) }

</sql-query>

I have declared this in one of the xml mapping documents and I get the following error:

2005-12-30 10:07:34] DEBUG - 813 - org.hibernate.util.DTDEntityResolver - trying to locate http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibern ... ng-3.0.dtd in classpath under org/hibernate/
[2005-12-30 10:07:34] DEBUG - 828 - org.hibernate.util.DTDEntityResolver - found http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibern ... ng-3.0.dtd in classpath
[2005-12-30 10:07:34] ERROR - 844 - org.hibernate.util.XMLHelper - Error parsing XML: XML InputStream(21) Attribute "callable" must be declared for element type "sql-query".
[2005-12-30 10:07:34] ERROR - 844 - org.hibernate.util.XMLHelper - Error parsing XML: XML InputStream(23) Element type "return-property" must be declared.
[2005-12-30 10:07:34] ERROR - 844 - org.hibernate.util.XMLHelper - Error parsing XML: XML InputStream(25) The content of element type "return" must match "EMPTY".
Exception in thread "main" .

My question is: In which file I should put the <sql-query> element declaration??

Thanks in advance.

-Ram

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:39 pm 

That looks correct, I think that your problem is probably where your sql-query element is within the document. You probably have it inside of the <class> element or something like that. It should be a direct child of the <hibernate-mapping> element:

Code:
<hibernate-mapping package="com.foo.bar">
    <class name="Foo">
    </class>

<sql-query name="listFoo" callable="true">
        <return class="FooClass">
            <return-property name="myKey">
                <return-column name="key1"/>
                <return-column name="key2"/>
            </return-property>
            <return-property name="prop1" column="col1"/>
        </return>
        {? = call myStoredProc(?, ?) }   
   </sql-query>            
</hibernate-mapping>
[/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:23 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your reply...my 'sql-query' element was the direct child of 'hibernate-mapping' element.

I found something interesting...the dtd 'hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd' that comes with the jar file had no definition for 'callable' attribute which is very strange. I took the latest dtd and replaced that in the 'jar' file which worked fine with no errors.

is there anybody else who found the same problem???

-Ram

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:26 am 

I just checked 4 different versions of 3.1 and 3.0 that I have downloaded locally, they all have the callable attribute defined in hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd.

What version of hibernate are you using? Did you build the jar yourself or use the pre-packaged hibernate3.jar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:00 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I did use the one I got from the website... and I did not make any changes to it...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]