-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Approach for Roll Ups?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:28 pm 

What is the best approach for doing roll up queries.

Obviously my object model will not support an interface based on the results of these queries.

I think it might be best to just issue a query directly to the database. With that, what is the best way to accomplish this, while still using NHibernate?

I tried searching the forum, but the results dont seem to be working correctly.

Mardo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:44 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Using direct SQL queries would probably be the best solution in your case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:39 pm 
Expert
Expert

Can you give an example of the type of roll-up query you want to perform? Just give a description of what the query is supposed to return, and give simple examples of entities whose values are being rolled up. We have done some work on dynamically creating classes to hold the flattened "rows" of arbitrary HQL queries, which can include aggregate expressions. I'd like to know if the types of queries you'd like to perform can be handled by our framework.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]