-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can not create SessionFactory---Help, please!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:53 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I am very new to Hibernate and trying to work through several examples.

Hibernate version:3.1

Mapping documents:
<hibernate-mapping>
<class name="com.hibernate.test.Honey" table="honey">

<meta attribute="session-method">
HibernateUtil.getSession();
</meta>
<id name="id" column="honeyId" type="java.lang.Integer">
<!-- postgre:
<generate class="sequence">
<param name="sequence">honey_id_seq</param>
</generate>
-->
<generator class="native"/>
</id>
<property name="name" column="honeyName" type="java.lang.String" />
<property name="taste" column="taste" type="java.lang.String" />
</class>
</hibernate-mapping>

Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:
org.hibernate.MappingException: Resource: com.hibernate.test.honey.hbm.xml not found
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addResource(Configuration.java:478)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.parseMappingElement(Configuration.java:1443)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.parseSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1411)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:1392)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:1368)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure(Configuration.java:1322)
at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.loadConfigurationXML(ConsoleConfiguration.java:208)
at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.access$0(ConsoleConfiguration.java:155)
at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration$1.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:131)
at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:35)
at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.buildWith(ConsoleConfiguration.java:112)
at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.build(ConsoleConfiguration.java:98)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.workbench.ConsoleConfigurationWorkbenchAdapter.getChildren(ConsoleConfigurationWorkbenchAdapter.java:19)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.workbench.BasicWorkbenchAdapter.fetchDeferredChildren(BasicWorkbenchAdapter.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.progress.DeferredTreeContentManager$1.run(DeferredTreeContentManager.java:192)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:76)

Name and version of the database you are using:MQSQL

When I change to the Hibernate perspective in Eclipse 3.2, I can see the configuration file for the project. However, when I right click on the configuration file and select "generate Session Factory, I get the above stacktrace. For some reason, the mapping file can not be found. However, the mapping file is in the same directory as the hibernate.cgf.xml file.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance for any possible suggestions.

Russ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:28 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

you need to put the build path into the classpath of the console configuration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:15 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Max:

Thank you for responding. I apologizenot understanding, but I don't understand the terms you are using. I understand the build path;this is part of project's properties in eclipse. The classpath is part of the buildpath under the windows preferences. What I don't understand is the console configuration. Can you explain more, please?

I apologize for not understanding. I am very next to Hibernate.

Russ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:44 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

you have already created a console configuration - otherwise you would not be able to get the above exception.

Double click the console configuration you are trying to create a session factory for and a dialog should popup where you can add paths to the console configuration classpath.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:30 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks Max! I found the console configuration. Thanks for explaining it so I could understand.

What I did was add the mapping file location to the mapping portion within the console. I also added to the classpath the project root and the location of the source files (src).

Now I am getting a NPE when I try to generate a Session Factory.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.utils.ClassLoaderHelper.getRawLocationFile(ClassLoaderHelper.java:91)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.utils.ClassLoaderHelper.getRawLocationURL(ClassLoaderHelper.java:83)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.utils.ClassLoaderHelper.getRawLocationsURLForResources(ClassLoaderHelper.java:117)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.EclipseConsoleConfigurationPreferences.getCustomClassPathURLS(EclipseConsoleConfigurationPreferences.java:81)
at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.buildWith(ConsoleConfiguration.java:109)
at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.build(ConsoleConfiguration.java:98)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.actions.BuildSessionFactoryAction.doRun(BuildSessionFactoryAction.java:37)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.actions.ConsoleConfigurationBasedAction.run(ConsoleConfigurationBasedAction.java:46)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.BaseSelectionListenerAction.runWithEvent(BaseSelectionListenerAction.java:167)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:544)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:494)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:406)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:896)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3236)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2856)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1774)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1738)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:376)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:106)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:165)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:338)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:282)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)
)

When I try to expand the configuration tree, I also get a NPE:

at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.utils.ClassLoaderHelper.getRawLocationFile(ClassLoaderHelper.java:91)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.utils.ClassLoaderHelper.getRawLocationURL(ClassLoaderHelper.java:83)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.utils.ClassLoaderHelper.getRawLocationsURLForResources(ClassLoaderHelper.java:117)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.EclipseConsoleConfigurationPreferences.getCustomClassPathURLS(EclipseConsoleConfigurationPreferences.java:81)
at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.buildWith(ConsoleConfiguration.java:109)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.workbench.ConsoleConfigurationWorkbenchAdapter.getChildren(ConsoleConfigurationWorkbenchAdapter.java:19)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.workbench.BasicWorkbenchAdapter.fetchDeferredChildren(BasicWorkbenchAdapter.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.progress.DeferredTreeContentManager$1.run(DeferredTreeContentManager.java:192)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for reading my post........

Russ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:31 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

either use a newer version of the tools where this bug should not be present anymore or separate your classes and src into different directories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:20 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Max:

Sorry I have not responded as I have been away.

I have the src and bin directories established for the project. When I click on create sessionfactory or expand the Hibernate configuration tree for the project, I get the below exceptions:

This happens when you attempt to create a sessionfactory:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2005-12-30 17:42:53.265
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2005-12-30 17:42:53.265
!MESSAGE java.lang.NullPointerException
!STACK 0
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.actions.BuildSessionFactoryAction.doRun(BuildSessionFactoryAction.java:37)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.actions.ConsoleConfigurationBasedAction.run(ConsoleConfigurationBasedAction.java:46)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.BaseSelectionListenerAction.runWithEvent(BaseSelectionListenerAction.java:167)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:544)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:494)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:406)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:896)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3236)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2856)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1774)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1738)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:376)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:106)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:165)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:338)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:282)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

This happens when you try to expand the tree

!ENTRY org.hibernate.eclipse.console 4 4 2005-12-30 17:42:57.296
!MESSAGE java.lang.NullPointerException
!STACK 0
!SUBENTRY 1 org.hibernate.eclipse.console 4 150 2005-12-30 17:42:57.296
!MESSAGE <No message>

As far as the current versions are concern, I've download the lastest tool plugin I am using the JBOSS version JBossIDE-1.5RC2-ALL. I am led to believe I have all the latest information and versions.

Can you be more specific on what I could check to validate the configuration?

As always, thanks for your time in reading my post.

Russ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:32 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

i'm quite sure this is fixed in the latest version which is in the nightly builds now and will be released soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:49 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Max:

Thanks for responding.

Can you give me a timeframe on how long it will be before we have another release? I would hate to go through the pain of trying to build the nightly changes when the release is just around the corner.

Russ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:59 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

within days/weeks.

But remember that if we didn't have helpfull users checking out the nightly builds they would not report issues in jira so we could fix them - so using nightly builds to see if your "favorite" bug is fixed/remains is the best way to ensure that the final one will be better..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]