-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: mssql dialect
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:12 pm 
I am quite confused about an issue regarding the nhibernate dialect error message Im getting. When I try to run my app I get "The dialect was not set. Set the property hibernate.dialect".
Now I have three projects. THe first one contains all my interface code and the second is my database transaction code everything required for nhibe to work. The third project is a testProject.
I can run my app fine which means that the interface project is talking to the db project and I can update,add etc etc data to the db which proves that my dialect in the webconfig file IS set correctly. But I cant use my test project to test the db project. Why is this? Im using csUnit and the problem only occurs with the third project. Is there something the new guy didnt set? I dont know.

Post subject: dialect
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:17 pm 
by the way Im using mssql server 2000 and here is my db project webconfig file.
<configSections>
<section
name="nhibernate"
type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System, Version=1.0.5000.0,Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
/>
</configSections>

<nhibernate>
<add
key="hibernate.connection.provider"
value="NHibernate.Connection.DriverConnectionProvider"
/>
<add
key="hibernate.dialect"
value="NHibernate.Dialect.MsSql2000Dialect"
/>
<add
key="hibernate.connection.driver_class"
value="NHibernate.Driver.SqlClientDriver"
/>
<add
key="hibernate.connection.connection_string"
value="Server=localhost;initial catalog=CPMDev;Integrated Security=SSPI;Trusted_Connection=true;"
/>

</nhibernate>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:53 am 
Contributor
Contributor

csUnit probably doesn't pick up your config file, try looking through its documentation to see how to solve this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:09 pm 
Senior
Senior

I've solved a similar problem by creating a config file for my test dll, containing the NH configuration - copy it from your web.config file!

If your dll containing tests is named myTests.dll, create a config file named myTests.dll.config, in the same dir where your dll is located.

cheers,
Radu

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]