-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: using hibernate java types in dotnet mapping file
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:48 am 
plz, can i use hibernate java types (like int,big_decimal..., NOT : Int16...) in a Nhibernate mapping file????

NB: I've no probleme using hibernate java types to generate c# code with hbm2net.

10x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:48 am 
Contributor
Contributor

NHibernate runs on .NET...

Read: NHibernate Types

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:01 am 
Thk u KPixel for ur reply.

I know that Nhibernate runs on .Net, but like i said before with Hbm2Net we can use Java types in mapping files...

The problem is that I must use hibernate mapping file (java), There is a solution or must I convert hibernate mapping file to Nhibernate mapping file ??????

Thx a lot.

Post subject: Nhibernate/Hibernate types should be logical and not specifc
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:04 am 

I was thinking that the mapping file of NHibernate is the same as the one of Hibernate. Having kept one standard mapping file for both could be much reasonable decision. the types in the mapping file should be logical and not related to any language. Nhibernate/Hibernate should then be able to use the specific types according to the language. Well, here is a request to whom it concerns to merge and standardy hibernate/nhibernate inputs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:47 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

hmm - is the logical hibernate type names not the same as in hibernate ? They should be...any good reason why they aren't ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:34 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Many types in NHibernate have Java-compatible synonyms: binary, boolean, byte, character, locale (CultureInfo in .NET), big_decimal (Decimal in .NET), short, integer, long, etc. (See TypeFactory.cs source for a list).

Do you propose we add "int" also? Which other types? I'm not against it, can you please create a JIRA issue? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:15 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

the "rule" in Hibernate have been to have lower case names for "logical hibernate types" and users could also put in java specific types which then would be with capital letters.

I assume nhibernate should follow the same rules...will that be too non-.net in your opinion ? Have the logical names been uppercased in the conversion ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:44 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Created NH-497 to add "int" and "datetime".

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]