-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Stored procedure for inserts [succes]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:25 am 
Senior
Senior

In large projects, sometimes dynamic sql is not acceptable. The DBA-people or the security policy forbids it. If I understand correctly, Hibernate 3.0 does offer the use of stored procedures, but it might take some time before official support arrives.

Still, dynamic sql for selects might be allowed. In that case nHibernate might still be an option.
In fact, I do believe that for the acceptance of nHibernate on bigger projects, the use of stored procs of updating, deleting and inserting is of the utmost importance.

I have read quite a few questions about this issue.

Here http://nhibernate.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=322&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=stored+procedure member 'mnowosad' posts that he has succesfully implemented calls to stored procedures. I have followed the route he describes and can also report succes.

If there are people that need the code, I'd be happy to share. It's not clean code and I have hardcoded the OracleParameters-type. Also, I'm not quite sure if I used the most optimal route. However, feel free to email me at: r.boeke [at] sitechno . com if you are interested in the solution.
Also, if you yourself have code that accomplishes the same, I'd be very interested in it. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:23 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

FYI the way it is done in Hibernate3 is basically the same as the solution described in your link - it is just now built into the default persisters so you can override all sql with custom sql or stored procedure calls.

But for some of the more fancier usages of custom sql and stored procedure the design of Hibernate2 and NHibernate makes it hard to generalize - this is why we did not get it before Hibernate3.

/max
(implementor of stored procedure support in H3)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:39 am 
Senior
Senior

care to repeat it for the next nhibernate build ?? ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:38 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

well when nhibernate start using H3-like internal it should be trivial ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:23 am 
Senior
Senior

:D let's hope that will happen soon then. I think it's of the utmost importance for acceptance on big projects

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:01 pm 

Good news - it looks like stored proc support for NHibernate is coming soon - version 1.1!

http://blog.hibernate.org/cgi-bin/blosx ... /29#future

Cheers,
-Mat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:48 pm 
Senior
Senior

yep, the future is looking very bright indeed!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]