-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: ICriteria not flattening results
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:33 am 
Senior
Senior

I have a mapping for a persistent object that specifies that one of its collections should be outer joined so that all of the data was queried at once.
Here is an excerpt form the mapping file:
Code:
<class name="HttpMenuItem" table="MenuItem" mutable="false" >
   <!--ID-->
   <id name="Id" type="System.Int32" column="MenuItemId" unsaved-value="0" access="field.camelcase-underscore">
         <generator class="identity" />
      </id>

<!--PROPERTIES-->
   <property name="Name" column="Name" length="50" not-null="true" access="field.camelcase-underscore"/>

<!--COLLECTIONS-->
   <list name="NavigateUrls" table="MenuItemUrl"  lazy="false" access="field.camelcase-underscore" outer-join="true" batch-size="10">
         <cache usage="read-only" />
         <key column="MenuItemId"  />
         <index column="Sequence" />
         <element type="System.String" column="Url" not-null="true" length="255" unique="true"  />
      </list>            
</class>

When querying with the ICriteria interface, I was under the impression that NHibernate would flatten the resultset. This is not occuring. I am getting duplicates of the same object in my resultset depending on how many NavigatUrls each menu item has. As soon as I set outer-join="false" on the NavigateUrls collection, everything works as planned.

Is this a bug?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:39 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Try criteria.SetResultTransformer(CriteriaUtil.DistinctRootEntity);

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:53 pm 
Senior
Senior

This worked fine Sergey. Thanks. But I though that the was the default with ICriteria. Is this not the case?

Whats the best way to flatten the results aof n HQL query. Hibernate in action says to do something like this:

Code:
distinctResult = new HashSet(resultList);

but .net does not have a HashSet. Would the Iesi HashedSet work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:37 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Criteria is translated into SQL and you just get the result set of the SQL query, transformed into objects. So if a query gives you duplicate rows, then you get duplicate objects.

Yes, Iesi set would work with HQL.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]