-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: left join fetch on composite-id component properties
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:35 pm 
Hi!

I have an object model that looks like this:
class ClassA has a composite id UniqueId=(ClassB, ClassC), both B and C being many to one.

<class name="ClassA" ...>
<composite-id name="Id" class="UniqueId" ...>
<key-many-to-one name="B" class="ClassB" .../>
<key-many-to-one name="C" class="ClassC" .../>
</composite-id>
</class>

Executing query "from ClassA a" results in b + c + 1 trips to the database, where b is the number of unique B objects, similar for C.

I tried running "from ClassA a left join fetch a.Id.B left join fetch a.Id.C" but even though the first statement retrieves all the data that it needs, it still goes to the db b + c more times, and retrieves the B and C objects again.

Am i doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Cris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:24 am 
Senior
Senior

i have the exact same behaviour and i do not see why this should be.

The first query does this:

Code:
NHibernate :select persoon0_.SubjectNr as SubjectNr0_, inkomens1_.SUBJECTNR as SUBJECTNR1_, inkomens1_.SUBJECTNRWERKG as SUBJECTN2_1_, inkomens1_.SOORT as SOORT1_, inkomens1_.Periodiciteit as Periodic4_1_, inkomens1_.categorie as categorie1_, inkomens1_.SubjectNr as SubjectNr__, inkomens1_.SUBJECTNR as SUBJECTNR__, inkomens1_.SUBJECTNRWERKG as SUBJECTN2___, inkomens1_.SOORT as SOORT__, inkomens1_.Periodiciteit as Periodic4___ from personen persoon0_ inner join inkomens inkomens1_ on persoon0_.SubjectNr=inkomens1_.SubjectNr where (inkomens1_.categorie=4)or(inkomens1_.SOORT=110)

then I see thousands of calls:
Code:
NHibernate :SELECT persoon0_.SubjectNr as SubjectNr0_ FROM personen persoon0_ WHERE persoon0_.SubjectNr = :p0

(which seem useless :evil: )

then again thousands of calls:
Code:
NHibernate :SELECT periods0_.Subjectnr as Subjectnr__, periods0_.SUBJECTNRWERKG as SUBJECTN2___, periods0_.SOORT as SOORT__, periods0_.Periodiciteit as Periodic4___, periods0_.SUBJECTNR as SUBJECTNR__, periods0_.TijdslijnID as Tijdslij5___, periods0_.SUBJECTNR as SUBJECTNR1_, periods0_.SUBJECTNRWERKG as SUBJECTN2_1_, periods0_.SOORT as SOORT1_, periods0_.Periodiciteit as Periodic4_1_, periods0_.TijdslijnID as Tijdslij5_1_, periods0_.Categorie as Categorie1_, periods0_.Dtafvoer as Dtafvoer1_, periods0_.Dtopvoer as Dtopvoer1_, periods0_.Status as Status1_, periods0_.Dteinde as Dteinde1_, periods0_.Dtbegin as Dtbegin1_, periods0_.Geldig as Geldig1_, periods0_.SubjectNr as SubjectNr1_, periods0_.Afgeleid as Afgeleid1_, periods0_.BedragNetto as BedragN15_1_, periods0_.BedragBruto as BedragB16_1_, periods0_.BelastbaarLoon as Belastb17_1_, periods0_.Kleur as Kleur1_, periods0_.BijzonderTarief as Bijzond19_1_, periods0_.ReserveringVT as Reserve20_1_, periods0_.kenmerkwerkg as kenmerk21_1_, periods0_.HeffingsKorting as Heffing22_1_, periods0_.Kenmerkwerkg as Kenmerk23_1_, periods0_.hoogte as hoogte1_, inkomen1_.SUBJECTNR as SUBJECTNR0_, inkomen1_.SUBJECTNRWERKG as SUBJECTN2_0_, inkomen1_.SOORT as SOORT0_, inkomen1_.Periodiciteit as Periodic4_0_, inkomen1_.categorie as categorie0_ FROM inkomen periods0_ left outer join inkomens inkomen1_ on periods0_.SubjectNr=inkomen1_.SUBJECTNR and periods0_.SUBJECTNRWERKG=inkomen1_.SUBJECTNRWERKG and periods0_.SOORT=inkomen1_.SOORT and periods0_.Periodiciteit=inkomen1_.Periodiciteit WHERE periods0_.Subjectnr = :p0 AND periods0_.SUBJECTNRWERKG = :p1 AND periods0_.SOORT = :p2 AND periods0_.Periodiciteit = :p3 and periods0_.status > -2

It seems this could have been alot more efficient. I'm using Oracle9 dialect and outer-joining is not disabled.
Is there something that could be done about this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:54 am 
Contributor
Contributor

You probably don't have proxies enabled for B and C, that's why NH goes a bit crazy about the key-many-to-one's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:12 am 
Senior
Senior

sergey wrote:
You probably don't have proxies enabled for B and C, that's why NH goes a bit crazy about the key-many-to-one's.

lazy is set to true and they are both bags

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:27 am 
Contributor
Contributor

TheShark wrote:

I was replying to the <key-many-to-one> issue the original poster had. In your case I would need to see the mappings to give any advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:05 pm 
Cool, I have enabled proxies and it works now.

Is this always going to be a requirement, or is it just a temporary issue?

Got a 6-pack in the fridge!
Thanks,
Cris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:54 am 
Senior
Senior

sergey wrote:
TheShark wrote:

I was replying to the <key-many-to-one> issue the original poster had. In your case I would need to see the mappings to give any advice.

Sorry :roll:
definition of a person:
Code:
   <class name="DomainModel.Persoon.Persoon, DomainModel" table="personen" mutable="false">

<composite-id name="Identity" class="DomainModel.Persoon.PersoonKey, DomainModel" unsaved-value="none">
         <key-property name="SubjectNr" type="Int32" />
      </composite-id>

<bag name="Periods" inverse="true" lazy="false" cascade="all-delete-orphan"  where="status > -2">
         <key column="SubjectNr" />
         <one-to-many class="DomainModel.Persoon.PersoonPeriod, DomainModel" />
      </bag>

<bag name="Inkomens" lazy="true" inverse="true" cascade="none" access="field.camelcase" >
         <key column="SubjectNr" />
         <one-to-many class="DomainModel.Inkomen.Inkomen, DomainModel" />
      </bag>

</class>

definition of an income (inkomen)
Code:
   <class name="DomainModel.Inkomen.Inkomen, DomainModel" table="inkomens" mutable="false" >

<composite-id name="Identity" class="DomainModel.Inkomen.InkomenKey, DomainModel" unsaved-value="none">
         <key-many-to-one name="Klant" class="DomainModel.Persoon.Persoon, DomainModel" column="SUBJECTNR" />
         <key-many-to-one name="Werkgever" class="DomainModel.Persoon.Persoon, DomainModel" column="SUBJECTNRWERKG" />
         <key-property name="InkomenSoort" type="DataFramework.Types.RefitemType, DataFramework" column="SOORT" />
         <key-property name="Periodiciteit" type="DataFramework.Types.RefitemType, DataFramework" />
      </composite-id>

<property name="categorie" access="field" />

<bag name="Periods" inverse="true" lazy="false" cascade="all-delete-orphan" where="status > -2">
         <key>
            <column name="Subjectnr" />
            <column name="SUBJECTNRWERKG" />
            <column name="SOORT" />
            <column name="Periodiciteit" />
         </key>
         <one-to-many class="DomainModel.Inkomen.baseInkomenPeriod, DomainModel" />
      </bag>

</class>

Got a 6-pack as well :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:35 am 
Senior
Senior

I have created a Jira for this with a ready to go test

http://jira.nhibernate.org/browse/NH-517

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]