-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: dynamic table creation
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:59 pm 

Does Hibernate (2.1) support dynamic table creation? I have an app that will recieve an object defining a table structure that needs creation. A second object or collection will contain the data to populate the new table.

Jay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:29 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Sure, whynot?

You can create a configuration at runtime using the mapping metamodel and then run schemaexport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:45 pm 

Great. I'm going thru the api now, but it's little light on documentation.

Should I instantiate a new Mappings object, or let the Configuration getMappings() method provide me one? From there I plan on creating Table and Column objects to build the mapping.

However, once I do this, I'll have a table, but no Class associated to it (no persistable POJOs). I need to do batch loading into the table.

I'm still in the investigative stages for this "importing" of dynamic data. Perhaps straight JDBC would be more applicable here? Thoughts?

Jay

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]