-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: using more than one database user with connecion to database
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:10 pm 

Hello,

I have problem with using more than one database user with connecion to database.

I want to connect to my database using more then one user. Everywhere in examples and in doc there is use only one user to connect to database, for example defined in hibernate.properties (or in xml) file:
hibernate.connection.username = myuser

We have a SessionFactory object which we use to connect with database, it have determined user name and pass.

How connect to the same database(the same table) using difrent user and pass ?

I know how to connect to difrent database. I use more then one SessionFactory to other database, but in my example I have one database.

I cannot create more then one SessionFactory(something like HibernateUtil slass) becouse there is now possibility to dupicate classes maped in cfg files.

For more details:
I want to have two users(difrent login and pass in connecting to database layer). For exmaple first user can only get data from class: UserInfo, the secound user can get and insert data from the same class: UserInfo.
That is the reason i cannot create two .cfg.xml file. I cannot insert there maping for the same object:
<mapping resource="/auction/UserInfo.hbm.xml"/>
becouse it will be duplicated in whole application and error will ocure.

How realise taht multiuser-access in hibernate ?

Post subject: Multiple SessionFactories
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:27 pm 
Expert
Expert

You need one SessionFactory per user, to do this. You need to use different configurations for each factory: either provide your own connections, or at least don't fall back on the default configuration file. You can specify the configuration file when you create the SessionFactory, or you can use the hibernate Configuration object to configure the factories.

You need to use the same transaction manager for each one, or else you'll get into some serious problems with locking. As far as I know, all transaction managers support multiple connections to the same database: they'd be fairly basic managers to support only one.

Just be very, very careful about locks and terminating transactions if you want to use multiple connections. The more usual solution to this is to just have one connection with read and write access, and implement security in your session or business logic.

Post subject: article
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:50 am 
Expert
Expert

This is how you can do it:
http://sandbox.sourcelabs.com/kosta/hib ... ation.html

SourceLabs - dependable OpenSource systems

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:36 am 
CGLIB Developer
CGLIB Developer

Connection connection = connect(url,user,psw);
Session s = factory.openSession(connection);

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:43 pm 

Thanks very much,

I created HibernateUtil with static block:

Code:
static {
        try {
            sessionFactory = new Configuration().configure().buildSessionFactory();
        } catch (Throwable ex) {
            log.error("Initial SessionFactory creation failed.", ex);
            throw new ExceptionInInitializerError(ex);
        }
}

and I have a method:

Code:
public static Session getSession( String instance ) throws HibernateException, SQLException {
        Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection( url, instance, psw );
        Session session = sessionFactory.openSession(connection);
        return session;
}

I have url and psw initialized from beans.
And it works :)

Thanks very much again.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]