-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Serialized Mapped Classes
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:22 am 

Hi,

In a " client <--> servlet container <--> database " system, i'm using hibernate for ORM in server side.

I'd like to use same mapped class in client side and server side.

So when i send object by serialization, for the reason the classes are wrapped by CGLIB, in client side i have to add CGLIB libraries.

Is there a way to unwrap the mapped classes in server side and send them to without CGLIB wrapping to client side ?

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:45 am 
Expert
Expert

Search the forum.
I know that there has been already something similar written.
And there was a some sort of a solution published - some sort of initializer utility class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:51 pm 

I found some solutions for special cases but i'm not satisfied. I only found the solution that says to do DTO's . But i have a lot of hibernated objects related with each other. I don't want to duplicate all these objects like as DTO and as for Hibernate.

alesj wrote:
Search the forum.
I know that there has been already something similar written.
And there was a some sort of a solution published - some sort of initializer utility class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:15 am 
Expert
Expert

If you are using JBossAS you can use client side interceptor - writing somesort of object graph crawler that checks if the object is Hibernate proxy and replaces it with initialized one.
I remember that there once was such uniform solution - not a part of Hibernate. But unfortunately I can't remember what was it called.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]