-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: DTD as XML Schema
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:52 pm 

Does anyone know if there is an XML Schema representation of the hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd?

If one existed this would allow for a JAXB representation and easier generation of the HBM files.

Thanks
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:31 pm 
Expert
Expert

There is nothing like this in H . Here's an article on some JAXB ish features though.

http://www.devx.com/Java/Article/27896

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:31 pm 

XML Schema is more powerful than XML DTD because it provides additional features. Because of this DTD's are slowly being phased out for XML Schema replacements.

So if you have a DTD you should be able to generate an XML Schema or create one by hand that exactly replicates the DTD. My question was simply asking if someone has completed either of these two options.

It would also be nice to see XML Schema rather than DTD through out Hibernate so that it can keep up with the times. Personally my reason for requiring an XML Schema is because it would be significantly easier to generate an HBM xml file by using a technology such as JAXB which heavily relies on an XML Schema

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:44 pm 
Expert
Expert

triley wrote:
XML Schema is more powerful than XML DTD

I know

triley wrote:
It would also be nice to see XML Schema rather than DTD through out Hibernate so that it can keep up with the times.

Keeping up w/ the times is moving away from XML altogether and towards annotations.

triley wrote:
Personally my reason for requiring an XML Schema is because it would be significantly easier to generate an HBM xml file

easier then using the ant tasks, eclipse plug-ins, documentation and a forum that all come w/ hibernate tools?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:08 pm 

The underlying question is... How and where is the meta data stored that allows one to generate a java model, configuration files, and anything else required? I am not familiar with the entire Hibernate Tools package, how do it store it's meta data and is it robust? In theory everything could be generated from meta data who is to say you require a java object before generating an HBM file. It is my understanding that annotations are simply a representation of the meta data stored in the java objects. In my case the meta data is stored elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:31 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

the metadata is stored in the org.hibernate.Configuration.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]