-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Optimized fetching (no cache)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:24 am 

Hi all,
In my application I cant maintain any cache, even transaction level cache is not there, now... if I use HQL, in the debug logs I oftenly see a big structure printed which looks like: is generated while parsing the HQL and there is no such thing if I use native SQL query, I think though not sure that CPU usage should shoot up during this parsing (is it so..? or is it a one time thing) and in this scenario of mine where there is no cache and no session management for a particular object what would be the best fetch strategy I meant among criteria query, native SQL query and HQL query.

bye
Vivek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:30 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Sorry, but I have no idea of what you just asked about.

Post subject: HQL
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:32 am 

sorry for the confusion.:)
My question was simply : To parse the HQL and generate the sql statement (that goes to the rdb) is the computing (resources cpu) required too much, If yes then does this parsing occurs one time for a HQL statement and is cached somewhere even if I disable the transaction level cache (or is it done everytime if both first and second level caching is disabled).

bye
vivek

ps. feel free to clarify any other confusion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:35 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

we cache parsed HQL queries yes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]