-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: hibernate3 query with a joined-subclass doesn't work
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:21 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I have a class B which is a joined-subclass of class A. I have a class T that has a set of class B. I have a property "property1" defined on the root class class A. I have a HQL query that is on the joined-subclass class B:
(select count(xx) from T.B xx
where xx.property1 = :value1) = 1)

This query worked fine in hiernate 2.1. It works fine with hibernate3 if I set hibernate.query.factory_class=org.hibernate.hql.classic.ClassicQueryTranslatorFactory

However, if I do not set hibernate.query.factory_class at all, it doesn't work. Hibernate debug shows the sql generated as:
AbstractBatcher:324 (select count(B0_.obid) from B B0_,T T0_ where T0_.id=B0_.id and B_0_.property1=?)=1

The sql I see in hibernate 2.1 and which works has the root class A of the joined-subclass as an inner join :
QueryTranslatorImpl:240 - SQL (select count(B0_.obid) from B B0_ inner join A B_0_ on B_.key=B_0_.key, T T0_ where T0_.id=B0_.id and B_0_.property1=?)=1

For some reason, the hibernate3 generated query doesn't have the inner join to the root class. Not sure what I need to do to make this query work with hibernate3.

The error I get in hibernate3 is
java.sql.SQLException: Unknown column 'B_0_.property1 in 'where clause'
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2847)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1531)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1622)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2376)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2297)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:1860)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:1705)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyPreparedStatement.executeQuery(NewProxyPreparedStatement.java:414)
at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.getResultSet(AbstractBatcher.java:120)
at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.getResultSet(Loader.java:1272)
at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:391)
at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:218)
at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:1593)
at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:1577)
at org.hibernate.loader.hql.QueryLoader.list(QueryLoader.java:395)
at org.hibernate.hql.ast.QueryTranslatorImpl.list(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:271)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.list(SessionImpl.java:844)
at org.hibernate.impl.QueryImpl.list(QueryImpl.java:74)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:06 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

That is NOT valid HQL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:13 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Gavin,
This query "(select count(xx) from T.B xx
where xx.property1 = :value1) = 1) " is part of a complex AND query I have. Need your help to understand how I would include such a query. This query was working fine with hibernate 2, so I was trying to understand what is wrong.

For the objects I have - where object T has set of Objects B (and B is a subclass of A), What I want to acomplish is - I want to return all objects A only if I find exactly one object in the Set of Objects B (on the object A) which matches my condition of xx.property1=:value1. Can you point at what I am doing wrong and what I can do here to make my query work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:16 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

user1 wrote:
For the objects I have - where object T has set of Objects B (and B is a subclass of A), What I want to acomplish is - I want to return all objects A only if I find exactly one object in the Set of Objects B (on the object A) which matches my condition of xx.property1=:value1. Can you point at what I am doing wrong and what I can do here to make my query work?

sorry, put the wrong class above...please read above text as :
For the objects I have - where object T has set of Objects B (and B is a subclass of A), What I want to acomplish is - I want to return all objects T only if I find exactly one object in the Set of Objects B (which is subclass of A, and the property1 is a property of the root class A) which matches my condition of xx.property1=:value1. Can you point at what I am doing wrong and what I can do here to make my query work?[/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]