-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Reverse engineering failed
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:38 am 

First day with Hibernate...

I'm using the eclipse hibernate tools 3.0.0.alpha4a with eclipse 3.1 on Mac OS X 10.4.1 and java 1.4.2_07.

(What's the difference between 'alpha4a' and 'alpha4'?)

Trying to reverse engineer a Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere 9 database I get a problem with a table that has a composite primary key. The table only has two columns, both are foreign keys and together they are the primary key.

I get this (below) error message, and nothing is generated.

I temporarily redefined the pk, and then the reverse engineering worked.

I would be great to be able choose which tables and views to "reverse".

Second problem: I use database views extenselively. The generated hibernate mapping files contain composite id:s spanning ALL columns.

/Anders

Error 2005-07-01 13:56:55.902 Duplicate names found for primarykey. Existing name: definition_item_id JDBC name: member_item_id on table org.hibernate.mapping.Table(GenOLFData.DBA.GTItemDefinition)
org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCBinderException: Duplicate names found for primarykey. Existing name: definition_item_id JDBC name: member_item_id on table org.hibernate.mapping.Table(GenOLFData.DBA.GTItemDefinition)
at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCBinder.processPrimaryKey(JDBCBinder.java:964)
at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCBinder.readDatabaseSchema(JDBCBinder.java:124)
at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCBinder.readFromDatabase(JDBCBinder.java:91)
at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCMetaDataConfiguration.readFromJDBC(JDBCMetaDataConfiguration.java:37)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.wizards.ArtifactGeneratorWizard$3.execute(ArtifactGeneratorWizard.java:237)
at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:77)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.wizards.ArtifactGeneratorWizard.buildConfiguration(ArtifactGeneratorWizard.java:234)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.wizards.ArtifactGeneratorWizard.doFinish(ArtifactGeneratorWizard.java:164)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.wizards.ArtifactGeneratorWizard.access$0(ArtifactGeneratorWizard.java:132)
at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.wizards.ArtifactGeneratorWizard$1.run(ArtifactGeneratorWizard.java:98)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:21 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

the diff between 4 and 4a is that 4a works better ;) (it had a package error that made some parts fail under eclipse)

the table schema you describe should work. Could you please report it to jira with the sql schema for that table ?

you can choose which tables are reversed via a reveng.xml file (see the ant docs on the details/format)

database views has no keys so default behavior is to use all columns as the identifier. im currently working on making that customizable (again via the reveng.xml file)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:58 am 

Thanks for answrring!

Can't you get rid of the "4"? (I'm using the eclipse tools btw.)

I've only spent a few hours with hibernate, and I alreday have my first test app running - querying a database.

Yes, I've understood I'd probably like to do lots of things in reveng.xml. I did try one thing:

<table-filter match-name="GT*" exclude="true"/>

I'm not sure it's correctly typed, and I'm not sure the file is being read at all. (Doesn't do anything.) I've been searching all over for some documentation on reveng.xml and its use, but found very little. Must have missed the ant docs...

One problem with reversing; I had columns typed as character(27) and they were mapped as character with length 27 in the hbm.xml file, but the java file only had a (one) Character. Why not use String?

Believe I saw someone else had reported this already, but can't find it at the moment.

I will file that bug report re the table schema!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:01 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

what do you mean get rid of the "4" ?

the syntax is (as stated in the docs) match-name="GT.*"

The docs are in the eclipse help (Press F1) or just go to tools.hibernate.org and read the docs from there.

you can use reveng to override this behavior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:58 am 

http://opensource.atlassian.com/project ... se/HHH-700

max wrote:
what do you mean get rid of the "4" ?

At Source Forge:

For 3.0 alpha 1 there are two files
...alpha1.tar.gz
...alpha1.zip

For 3.0 alpha 4 there are two files
...alpha4a.zip
...alpha4.zip

When you read the release notes (at SF) there is no mention that the "4a" is more recent or better.

max wrote:
the syntax is (as stated in the docs) match-name="GT.*"

The docs are in the eclipse help (Press F1) or just go to tools.hibernate.org and read the docs from there.

you can use reveng to override this behavior.

Those docs I had found/read!

Using the eclipse tools I'm unable to use custom hibernate.reveng.xml and/or javaclass.vm - as far as I can see they are simply ignored. (Haven't tried Ant scripts yet.)

"GT.*" or "GT*" correct: Wouldn't that depend on what I want to do? I want to exclude tables with names starting with GT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:06 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

its more recent because the date of it is newer.. ?

when you use the artifact generationr wizard you can specify custom tempaltes and override xml.

GT* matches GT* and nothing else.

The syntax is GT.* to match everything that starts with "GT"

.* as in the regular expression operator (note that we dont have full regexp functionallity just supports .*GT, GT.* and .*GT.*

/max

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:55 am 

max wrote:
its more recent because the date of it is newer.. ?

I can only see a date for the 3.0 alpha 4 release of the hibernate-tools package. The individual files do not have dates.

You seem to think there are two releases; 4 and 4a. There is not, and that's confusing!

max wrote:
when you use the artifact generationr wizard you can specify custom tempaltes and override xml.

Yes? I point to a custom hibernate.reveng.xml file and a directory containg a modified javaclass.vm. Nothing suggests that they are being found/read/used.

max wrote:
GT* matches GT* and nothing else.

The syntax is GT.* to match everything that starts with "GT"

.* as in the regular expression operator (note that we dont have full regexp functionallity just supports .*GT, GT.* and .*GT.*

Ok, I never used regular expressions before, but that's not the problem here. I tried all combinations you suggested, all I could imagine and then a few more. Nothing works - no error messages or anything.

I'll switch to working with Ant. (Also getting tired of having to specify everything in the wizard every time I want to re-run it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:18 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

if something doesn't work as expected then please submit an issue to the jira.....and contributions are very welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:24 pm 

I'm having the same problems - can't seem to exclude DB tables using hibernate.reveng.xml. Any resolution?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:54 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Here is my Reveng. I had a hard time also but this works well for me.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE hibernate-reverse-engineering PUBLIC
"-//Hibernate/Hibernate Reverse Engineering DTD 3.0//EN"
"http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-reverse-engineering-3.0.dtd">

<hibernate-reverse-engineering>

<type-mapping>
<sql-type jdbc-type="NUMERIC" hibernate-type="java.lang.Double" />

<sql-type jdbc-type="BIT" hibernate-type="integer" />
<sql-type jdbc-type="TINYINT" hibernate-type="integer" />
</type-mapping>

<!-- Exclude the sys stuff -->
<table-filter match-name="ALL$.*" exclude="true" />
<table-filter match-name="OL$.*" exclude="true" />
<table-filter match-name="MRV$.*" exclude="true" />
<table-filter match-name="DBA$.*" exclude="true" />
<table-filter match-name="CWM2$.*" exclude="true" />

<!-- Include what I want -->
<table-filter match-name="DUAL"/>
<table-filter match-name="V_STAT_HIER_LPMAN"/>
<table-filter match-name="JOBCODE_PORTAL_ROLE_XREF"/>
<table-filter match-name="AUDIT_MAIN"/>

<!-- catch all and exclude, i.e. Reveng is acting strange or I am tired...-->
<table-filter match-schema=".*" match-name=".*" exclude="true"/>

</hibernate-reverse-engineering>

Using Ant BTW...
Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:56 pm 

I still can't get this to work. Either all tables are include or all are excluded - I can't be selective.

For example, here is my hibernate.reveng.xml, and below it, the output of the hibernate ant task. This reveng.xml file does not include the "catch all" excludes, so all tables are included (which I don't want). Further down I show the reveng.xml with the "catch all" excludes and the corresponding output.

===================hibernate.reveng.xml================
<!DOCTYPE hibernate-reverse-engineering SYSTEM "http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-reverse-engineering-3.0.dtd" >

<!-- <table-filter match-schema=".*" match-name=".*" exclude="true"/>-->

<table-filter match-schema=".*" match-name="DOES.DBO.DOES_GATEWAYS"/>

===============================================
======================Output=====================
[hibernatetool] Executing Hibernate Tool with a JDBC Configuration (for reverse engineering)
[hibernatetool] 1. task: hbm2java (Generates a set of .java files)
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,245 INFO Environment:464 - Hibernate 3.0.5
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,261 INFO Environment:477 - hibernate.properties not found
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,261 INFO Environment:510 - using CGLIB reflection optimizer
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,261 INFO Environment:540 - using JDK 1.4 java.sql.Timestamp handling
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,464 INFO Configuration:1144 - configuring from file: hibernate.cfg.xml
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,542 DEBUG DTDEntityResolver:42 - trying to locate http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibern ... on-3.0.dtd in classpath under org/hibernate/
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,542 DEBUG DTDEntityResolver:53 - found http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibern ... on-3.0.dtd in classpath
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,636 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - hibernate.connection.provider_class=org.hibernate.connection.C3P0ConnectionProvider
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,636 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - hibernate.c3p0.min_size=5
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,636 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - hibernate.c3p0.max_size=20
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,636 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - hibernate.c3p0.timeout=1800
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,636 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - hibernate.c3p0.max_statements=50
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,652 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - connection.driver_class=com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,652 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - connection.url=jdbc:sybase:Tds:scsefpsddb01:5001/does
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,652 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - connection.username=eqprod1
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,652 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - connection.password=deriv8tives
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,652 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.SybaseAnywhereDialect
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,652 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - show_sql=true
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,652 INFO Configuration:1222 - Configured SessionFactory: null
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,652 DEBUG Configuration:1223 - properties: {hibernate.connection.password=deriv8tives, java.runtime.name=Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition, sun.boot.library.path=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin, java.vm.version=1.4.2_04-b05, hibernate.connection.username=eqprod1, ant.library.dir=c:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib, java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc., java.vendor.url=http://java.sun.com/, path.separator=;, java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, file.encoding.pkg=sun.io, user.country=US, sun.os.patch.level=Service Pack 1, java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification, user.dir=C:\Edgar\WorkSpaces\DAS\hibernate, java.runtime.version=1.4.2_04-b05, java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment, hibernate.c3p0.max_statements=50, java.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\endorsed, os.arch=x86, java.io.tmpdir=C:\DOCUME~1\nbk38on\LOCALS~1\Temp\, line.separator=
[hibernatetool] , java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc., user.variant=, os.name=Windows XP, ant.home=c:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5, sun.java2d.fontpath=, hibernate.c3p0.timeout=1800, java.library.path=C:\WINNT\system32;.;C:\WINNT\System32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Hummingbird\Connectivity\9.00\Accessories\;C:\Program Files\Sybase\DLL;C:\Program FIles\Sybase\Bin;C:\Program Files\Reuters\Login;C:\DevTools\bea\jrockit81sp4_142_05\bin;C:\DevTools\xmlbeans-2.0.0\bin;c:\DevTools\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\61\1\.cp, java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification, java.class.version=48.0, java.util.prefs.PreferencesFactory=java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferencesFactory, os.version=5.1, connection.password=deriv8tives, user.home=C:\Documents and Settings\nbk38on, user.timezone=America/New_York, connection.username=eqprod1, java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob, file.encoding=Cp1252, java.specification.version=1.4, hibernate.c3p0.min_size=5, hibernate.connection.driver_class=com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver, show_sql=true, java.class.path=C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-antlr.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-apache-bcel.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-apache-bsf.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-apache-log4j.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-apache-oro.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-apache-regexp.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-apache-resolver.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-commons-logging.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-commons-net.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-icontract.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-jai.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-javamail.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-jdepend.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-jmf.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-jsch.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-junit.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-launcher.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-netrexx.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-nodeps.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-starteam.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-stylebook.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-swing.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-trax.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-vaj.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-weblogic.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-xalan1.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-xslp.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\6\1\.cp\lib\remoteAnt.jar;C:\DevTools\bea\jrockit81sp4_142_05\lib\tools.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86_3.1.0.jar, user.name=nbk38on, hibernate.show_sql=true, java.vm.specification.version=1.0, java.home=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04, sun.arch.data.model=32, hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.SybaseAnywhereDialect, hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:sybase:Tds:scsefpsddb01:5001/does, user.language=en, java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc., hibernate.c3p0.max_size=20, awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit, hibernate.cglib.use_reflection_optimizer=true, java.vm.info=mixed mode, java.version=1.4.2_04, java.ext.dirs=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\ext, sun.boot.class.path=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\rt.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\i18n.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\jce.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\charsets.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\classes, java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc., connection.driver_class=com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver, file.separator=\, hibernate.connection.provider_class=org.hibernate.connection.C3P0ConnectionProvider, java.vendor.url.bug=http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi, sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle, sun.cpu.endian=little, connection.url=jdbc:sybase:Tds:scsefpsddb01:5001/does, dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.SybaseAnywhereDialect, sun.cpu.isalist=pentium i486 i386}
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,667 INFO OverrideRepository:40 - Override file: C:\Edgar\WorkSpaces\DAS\hibernate\hibernate.reveng.xml
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,667 DEBUG DTDEntityResolver:42 - trying to locate http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibern ... ng-3.0.dtd in classpath under org/hibernate/
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,667 DEBUG DTDEntityResolver:53 - found http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibern ... ng-3.0.dtd in classpath
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,777 INFO ConnectionProviderFactory:53 - Initializing connection provider: org.hibernate.connection.C3P0ConnectionProvider
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,792 INFO C3P0ConnectionProvider:50 - C3P0 using driver: com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver at URL: jdbc:sybase:Tds:scsefpsddb01:5001/does
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,792 INFO C3P0ConnectionProvider:51 - Connection properties: {user=eqprod1, password=****}
[hibernatetool] 17:49:23,808 INFO C3P0ConnectionProvider:54 - autocommit mode: false
[hibernatetool] Initializing c3p0 pool... com.mchange.v2.c3p0.PoolBackedDataSource@149d886 [ connectionPoolDataSource -> com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource@1e4853f [ acquireIncrement -> 1, acquireRetryAttempts -> 30, acquireRetryDelay -> 1000, autoCommitOnClose -> false, automaticTestTable -> null, breakAfterAcquireFailure -> false, checkoutTimeout -> 0, connectionTesterClassName -> com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.DefaultConnectionTester, factoryClassLocation -> null, forceIgnoreUnresolvedTransactions -> false, idleConnectionTestPeriod -> 0, initialPoolSize -> 5, maxIdleTime -> 1800, maxPoolSize -> 20, maxStatements -> 50, maxStatementsPerConnection -> 0, minPoolSize -> 5, nestedDataSource -> com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource@68c26c [ description -> null, driverClass -> null, factoryClassLocation -> null, jdbcUrl -> jdbc:sybase:Tds:scsefpsddb01:5001/does, properties -> {user=******, password=******} ] , preferredTestQuery -> null, propertyCycle -> 300, testConnectionOnCheckin -> false, testConnectionOnCheckout -> false, usesTraditionalReflectiveProxies -> false ] , factoryClassLocation -> null, numHelperThreads -> 3, poolOwnerIdentityToken -> 149d886 ]
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,105 DEBUG SettingsFactory:295 - could not get database version from JDBC metadata
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,120 INFO SettingsFactory:77 - RDBMS: Adaptive Server Enterprise, version: Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.3/EBF 12144/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.8/ase125x/1883/64-bit/FBO/Fri Nov 12 05:19:26 2004
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,120 INFO SettingsFactory:78 - JDBC driver: jConnect (TM) for JDBC (TM), version: jConnect (TM) for JDBC(TM)/5.5(Build 25578)/P/EBF12435/JDK13/Tue Feb 22 6:07:39 2005
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,198 INFO Dialect:92 - Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.SybaseAnywhereDialect
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,339 INFO TransactionFactoryFactory:31 - Using default transaction strategy (direct JDBC transactions)
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,339 INFO TransactionManagerLookupFactory:33 - No TransactionManagerLookup configured (in JTA environment, use of read-write or transactional second-level cache is not recommended)
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,339 INFO SettingsFactory:125 - Automatic flush during beforeCompletion(): disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,339 INFO SettingsFactory:129 - Automatic session close at end of transaction: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,355 INFO SettingsFactory:144 - Scrollable result sets: enabled
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,355 DEBUG SettingsFactory:148 - Wrap result sets: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,355 INFO SettingsFactory:152 - JDBC3 getGeneratedKeys(): disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,355 INFO SettingsFactory:160 - Connection release mode: null
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,355 INFO SettingsFactory:187 - Default batch fetch size: 1
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,355 INFO SettingsFactory:191 - Generate SQL with comments: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,355 INFO SettingsFactory:195 - Order SQL updates by primary key: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,355 INFO SettingsFactory:334 - Query translator: org.hibernate.hql.ast.ASTQueryTranslatorFactory
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,370 INFO ASTQueryTranslatorFactory:21 - Using ASTQueryTranslatorFactory
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,370 INFO SettingsFactory:203 - Query language substitutions: {}
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,370 INFO SettingsFactory:209 - Second-level cache: enabled
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,370 INFO SettingsFactory:213 - Query cache: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,386 INFO SettingsFactory:321 - Cache provider: org.hibernate.cache.EhCacheProvider
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,386 INFO SettingsFactory:228 - Optimize cache for minimal puts: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,386 INFO SettingsFactory:237 - Structured second-level cache entries: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,402 DEBUG SQLExceptionConverterFactory:52 - Using dialect defined converter
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,402 INFO SettingsFactory:257 - Echoing all SQL to stdout
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,402 INFO SettingsFactory:261 - Statistics: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,402 INFO SettingsFactory:265 - Deleted entity synthetic identifier rollback: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,417 INFO SettingsFactory:279 - Default entity-mode: pojo
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,448 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysalternates of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,448 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysattributes of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,448 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table syscolumns of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,448 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table syscomments of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,448 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysconstraints of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,448 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysdepends of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysgams of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysindexes of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysjars of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table syskeys of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table syslogs of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysobjects of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table syspartitions of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysprocedures of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysprotects of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysqueryplans of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysreferences of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysroles of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table syssegments of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysstatistics of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table systabstats of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table systhresholds of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table systypes of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,464 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysusermessages of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,480 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysusers of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,480 DEBUG JDBCBinder:604 - Ignoring table sysxtypes of type SYSTEM TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,480 DEBUG JDBCBinder:600 - Adding table org.hibernate.mapping.Table(does.dbo.dba) of type TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,480 DEBUG JDBCBinder:600 - Adding table org.hibernate.mapping.Table(does.dbo.does_arch) of type TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,480 DEBUG JDBCBinder:600 - Adding table org.hibernate.mapping.Table(does.dbo.does_gateways) of type TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,480 DEBUG JDBCBinder:600 - Adding table org.hibernate.mapping.Table(does.dbo.does_tran_action_descr) of type TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,480 DEBUG JDBCBinder:600 - Adding table org.hibernate.mapping.Table(does.dbo.hts_xact_history) of type TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,480 DEBUG JDBCBinder:600 - Adding table org.hibernate.mapping.Table(does.dbo.rs_lastcommit) of type TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,480 DEBUG JDBCBinder:600 - Adding table org.hibernate.mapping.Table(does.dbo.rs_threads) of type TABLE
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,495 DEBUG JDBCBinder:600 - Adding table org.hibernate.mapping.Table(does.dbo.d) of type VIEW
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,495 DEBUG JDBCBinder:600 - Adding table org.hibernate.mapping.Table(does.dbo.view_does_arch) of type VIEW
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,495 DEBUG JDBCBinder:600 - Adding table org.hibernate.mapping.Table(does.dbo.view_does_arch_exec) of type VIEW
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,495 DEBUG JDBCBinder:731 - Finding columns for does.dbo.d
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,714 WARN JDBCBinder:999 - The JDBC driver didn't report any primary key columns in d
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,730 DEBUG JDBCBinder:731 - Finding columns for does.dbo.dba
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,855 WARN JDBCBinder:999 - The JDBC driver didn't report any primary key columns in dba
[hibernatetool] 17:49:25,870 DEBUG JDBCBinder:731 - Finding columns for does.dbo.does_arch
[hibernatetool] 17:49:26,527 WARN JDBCBinder:999 - The JDBC driver didn't report any primary key columns in does_arch
[hibernatetool] 17:49:26,558 DEBUG JDBCBinder:731 - Finding columns for does.dbo.does_gateways
[hibernatetool] 17:49:26,573 DEBUG JDBCBinder:1001 - primary key for org.hibernate.mapping.Table(does.dbo.does_gateways) -> org.hibernate.mapping.PrimaryKey(does_gateways[org.hibernate.mapping.Column(gtw_id)]) as does_gatew_7200055961
[hibernatetool] 17:49:26,589 DEBUG JDBCBinder:731 - Finding columns for does.dbo.does_tran_action_descr
[hibernatetool] 17:49:26,605 WARN JDBCBinder:999 - The JDBC driver didn't report any primary key columns in does_tran_action_descr
[hibernatetool] 17:49:26,620 DEBUG JDBCBinder:731 - Finding columns for does.dbo.hts_xact_history
[hibernatetool] 17:49:26,652 WARN JDBCBinder:999 - The JDBC driver didn't report any primary key columns in hts_xact_history
[hibernatetool] 17:49:26,667 DEBUG JDBCBinder:731 - Finding columns for does.dbo.rs_lastcommit
[hibernatetool] 17:49:26,698 WARN JDBCBinder:999 - The JDBC driver didn't report any primary key columns in rs_lastcommit
[hibernatetool] 17:49:26,698 DEBUG JDBCBinder:731 - Finding columns for does.dbo.rs_threads
[hibernatetool] 17:49:26,730 WARN JDBCBinder:999 - The JDBC driver didn't report any primary key columns in rs_threads
[hibernatetool] 17:49:26,730 DEBUG JDBCBinder:731 - Finding columns for does.dbo.view_does_arch
[hibernatetool] 17:49:26,808 WARN JDBCBinder:999 - The JDBC driver didn't report any primary key columns in view_does_arch
[hibernatetool] 17:49:26,823 DEBUG JDBCBinder:731 - Finding columns for does.dbo.view_does_arch_exec
[hibernatetool] 17:49:26,886 WARN JDBCBinder:999 - The JDBC driver didn't report any primary key columns in view_does_arch_exec
[hibernatetool] 17:49:26,902 DEBUG JDBCBinder:1020 - Calling getExportedKeys on org.hibernate.mapping.Table(does.dbo.d)

BUILD FAILED
C:\Edgar\WorkSpaces\DAS\hibernate\build.xml:18: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Reading from database

Now here is the reveng.xml with the "catch all", and below it the output. Note that, eventhough the build is successful, nothing has been generated.

===================reveng.xml=====================
<!DOCTYPE hibernate-reverse-engineering SYSTEM "http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-reverse-engineering-3.0.dtd" >

<table-filter match-schema=".*" match-name="DOES.DBO.DOES_GATEWAYS"/>

<table-filter match-schema=".*" match-name=".*" exclude="true"/>

===================Output========================
[hibernatetool] Executing Hibernate Tool with a JDBC Configuration (for reverse engineering)
[hibernatetool] 1. task: hbm2java (Generates a set of .java files)
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,523 INFO Environment:464 - Hibernate 3.0.5
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,538 INFO Environment:477 - hibernate.properties not found
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,554 INFO Environment:510 - using CGLIB reflection optimizer
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,554 INFO Environment:540 - using JDK 1.4 java.sql.Timestamp handling
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,741 INFO Configuration:1144 - configuring from file: hibernate.cfg.xml
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,835 DEBUG DTDEntityResolver:42 - trying to locate http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibern ... on-3.0.dtd in classpath under org/hibernate/
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,835 DEBUG DTDEntityResolver:53 - found http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibern ... on-3.0.dtd in classpath
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,913 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - hibernate.connection.provider_class=org.hibernate.connection.C3P0ConnectionProvider
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,929 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - hibernate.c3p0.min_size=5
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,929 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - hibernate.c3p0.max_size=20
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,929 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - hibernate.c3p0.timeout=1800
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,929 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - hibernate.c3p0.max_statements=50
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,929 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - connection.driver_class=com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,929 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - connection.url=jdbc:sybase:Tds:scsefpsddb01:5001/does
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,929 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - connection.username=eqprod1
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,929 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - connection.password=deriv8tives
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,929 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.SybaseAnywhereDialect
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,929 DEBUG Configuration:1067 - show_sql=true
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,944 INFO Configuration:1222 - Configured SessionFactory: null
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,944 DEBUG Configuration:1223 - properties: {hibernate.connection.password=deriv8tives, java.runtime.name=Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition, sun.boot.library.path=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin, java.vm.version=1.4.2_04-b05, hibernate.connection.username=eqprod1, ant.library.dir=c:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib, java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc., java.vendor.url=http://java.sun.com/, path.separator=;, java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, file.encoding.pkg=sun.io, user.country=US, sun.os.patch.level=Service Pack 1, java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification, user.dir=C:\Edgar\WorkSpaces\DAS\hibernate, java.runtime.version=1.4.2_04-b05, java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment, hibernate.c3p0.max_statements=50, java.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\endorsed, os.arch=x86, java.io.tmpdir=C:\DOCUME~1\nbk38on\LOCALS~1\Temp\, line.separator=
[hibernatetool] , java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc., user.variant=, os.name=Windows XP, ant.home=c:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5, sun.java2d.fontpath=, hibernate.c3p0.timeout=1800, java.library.path=C:\WINNT\system32;.;C:\WINNT\System32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Hummingbird\Connectivity\9.00\Accessories\;C:\Program Files\Sybase\DLL;C:\Program FIles\Sybase\Bin;C:\Program Files\Reuters\Login;C:\DevTools\bea\jrockit81sp4_142_05\bin;C:\DevTools\xmlbeans-2.0.0\bin;c:\DevTools\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\61\1\.cp, java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification, java.class.version=48.0, java.util.prefs.PreferencesFactory=java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferencesFactory, os.version=5.1, connection.password=deriv8tives, user.home=C:\Documents and Settings\nbk38on, user.timezone=America/New_York, connection.username=eqprod1, java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob, file.encoding=Cp1252, java.specification.version=1.4, hibernate.c3p0.min_size=5, hibernate.connection.driver_class=com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver, show_sql=true, java.class.path=C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-antlr.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-apache-bcel.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-apache-bsf.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-apache-log4j.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-apache-oro.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-apache-regexp.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-apache-resolver.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-commons-logging.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-commons-net.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-icontract.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-jai.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-javamail.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-jdepend.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-jmf.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-jsch.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-junit.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-launcher.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-netrexx.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-nodeps.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-starteam.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-stylebook.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-swing.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-trax.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-vaj.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-weblogic.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-xalan1.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.6.5\lib\ant-xslp.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\6\1\.cp\lib\remoteAnt.jar;C:\DevTools\bea\jrockit81sp4_142_05\lib\tools.jar;C:\DevTools\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86_3.1.0.jar, user.name=nbk38on, hibernate.show_sql=true, java.vm.specification.version=1.0, java.home=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04, sun.arch.data.model=32, hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.SybaseAnywhereDialect, hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:sybase:Tds:scsefpsddb01:5001/does, user.language=en, java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc., hibernate.c3p0.max_size=20, awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit, hibernate.cglib.use_reflection_optimizer=true, java.vm.info=mixed mode, java.version=1.4.2_04, java.ext.dirs=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\ext, sun.boot.class.path=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\rt.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\i18n.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\jce.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib\charsets.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\classes, java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc., connection.driver_class=com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver, file.separator=\, hibernate.connection.provider_class=org.hibernate.connection.C3P0ConnectionProvider, java.vendor.url.bug=http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi, sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle, sun.cpu.endian=little, connection.url=jdbc:sybase:Tds:scsefpsddb01:5001/does, dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.SybaseAnywhereDialect, sun.cpu.isalist=pentium i486 i386}
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,944 INFO OverrideRepository:40 - Override file: C:\Edgar\WorkSpaces\DAS\hibernate\hibernate.reveng.xml
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,944 DEBUG DTDEntityResolver:42 - trying to locate http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibern ... ng-3.0.dtd in classpath under org/hibernate/
[hibernatetool] 17:54:46,944 DEBUG DTDEntityResolver:53 - found http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibern ... ng-3.0.dtd in classpath
[hibernatetool] 17:54:47,054 INFO ConnectionProviderFactory:53 - Initializing connection provider: org.hibernate.connection.C3P0ConnectionProvider
[hibernatetool] 17:54:47,085 INFO C3P0ConnectionProvider:50 - C3P0 using driver: com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver at URL: jdbc:sybase:Tds:scsefpsddb01:5001/does
[hibernatetool] 17:54:47,085 INFO C3P0ConnectionProvider:51 - Connection properties: {user=eqprod1, password=****}
[hibernatetool] 17:54:47,085 INFO C3P0ConnectionProvider:54 - autocommit mode: false
[hibernatetool] Initializing c3p0 pool... com.mchange.v2.c3p0.PoolBackedDataSource@149d886 [ connectionPoolDataSource -> com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource@1e4853f [ acquireIncrement -> 1, acquireRetryAttempts -> 30, acquireRetryDelay -> 1000, autoCommitOnClose -> false, automaticTestTable -> null, breakAfterAcquireFailure -> false, checkoutTimeout -> 0, connectionTesterClassName -> com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.DefaultConnectionTester, factoryClassLocation -> null, forceIgnoreUnresolvedTransactions -> false, idleConnectionTestPeriod -> 0, initialPoolSize -> 5, maxIdleTime -> 1800, maxPoolSize -> 20, maxStatements -> 50, maxStatementsPerConnection -> 0, minPoolSize -> 5, nestedDataSource -> com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource@68c26c [ description -> null, driverClass -> null, factoryClassLocation -> null, jdbcUrl -> jdbc:sybase:Tds:scsefpsddb01:5001/does, properties -> {user=******, password=******} ] , preferredTestQuery -> null, propertyCycle -> 300, testConnectionOnCheckin -> false, testConnectionOnCheckout -> false, usesTraditionalReflectiveProxies -> false ] , factoryClassLocation -> null, numHelperThreads -> 3, poolOwnerIdentityToken -> 149d886 ]
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,476 DEBUG SettingsFactory:295 - could not get database version from JDBC metadata
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,491 INFO SettingsFactory:77 - RDBMS: Adaptive Server Enterprise, version: Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.3/EBF 12144/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.8/ase125x/1883/64-bit/FBO/Fri Nov 12 05:19:26 2004
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,491 INFO SettingsFactory:78 - JDBC driver: jConnect (TM) for JDBC (TM), version: jConnect (TM) for JDBC(TM)/5.5(Build 25578)/P/EBF12435/JDK13/Tue Feb 22 6:07:39 2005
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,569 INFO Dialect:92 - Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.SybaseAnywhereDialect
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,694 INFO TransactionFactoryFactory:31 - Using default transaction strategy (direct JDBC transactions)
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,694 INFO TransactionManagerLookupFactory:33 - No TransactionManagerLookup configured (in JTA environment, use of read-write or transactional second-level cache is not recommended)
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,710 INFO SettingsFactory:125 - Automatic flush during beforeCompletion(): disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,710 INFO SettingsFactory:129 - Automatic session close at end of transaction: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,710 INFO SettingsFactory:144 - Scrollable result sets: enabled
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,710 DEBUG SettingsFactory:148 - Wrap result sets: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,710 INFO SettingsFactory:152 - JDBC3 getGeneratedKeys(): disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,710 INFO SettingsFactory:160 - Connection release mode: null
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,710 INFO SettingsFactory:187 - Default batch fetch size: 1
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,710 INFO SettingsFactory:191 - Generate SQL with comments: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,726 INFO SettingsFactory:195 - Order SQL updates by primary key: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,726 INFO SettingsFactory:334 - Query translator: org.hibernate.hql.ast.ASTQueryTranslatorFactory
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,741 INFO ASTQueryTranslatorFactory:21 - Using ASTQueryTranslatorFactory
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,741 INFO SettingsFactory:203 - Query language substitutions: {}
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,741 INFO SettingsFactory:209 - Second-level cache: enabled
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,741 INFO SettingsFactory:213 - Query cache: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,741 INFO SettingsFactory:321 - Cache provider: org.hibernate.cache.EhCacheProvider
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,741 INFO SettingsFactory:228 - Optimize cache for minimal puts: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,741 INFO SettingsFactory:237 - Structured second-level cache entries: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,757 DEBUG SQLExceptionConverterFactory:52 - Using dialect defined converter
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,772 INFO SettingsFactory:257 - Echoing all SQL to stdout
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,772 INFO SettingsFactory:261 - Statistics: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,772 INFO SettingsFactory:265 - Deleted entity synthetic identifier rollback: disabled
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,772 INFO SettingsFactory:279 - Default entity-mode: pojo
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,819 INFO Configuration:875 - processing extends queue
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,819 INFO Configuration:879 - processing collection mappings
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,819 INFO Configuration:888 - processing association property references
[hibernatetool] 17:54:48,819 INFO Configuration:917 - processing foreign key constraints
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,054 DEBUG template:91 - CommonsLogLogSystem name is 'org.hibernate.tool.hbm2x.template'
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,054 INFO template:88 - **************************************************************
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,054 INFO template:88 - Starting Jakarta Velocity v1.4
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,054 INFO template:88 - RuntimeInstance initializing.
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,054 INFO template:88 - Default Properties File: org\apache\velocity\runtime\defaults\velocity.properties
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,054 INFO template:88 - Trying to use logger class org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.log.CommonsLogLogSystem
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,054 INFO template:88 - Using logger class org.apache.velocity.tools.generic.log.CommonsLogLogSystem
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,069 INFO template:88 - Default ResourceManager initializing. (class org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl)
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,085 INFO template:88 - Resource Loader Instantiated: org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.FileResourceLoader
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,085 INFO template:88 - FileResourceLoader : initialization starting.
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,085 INFO template:88 - FileResourceLoader : adding path '.'
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,085 INFO template:88 - FileResourceLoader : initialization complete.
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,085 INFO template:88 - Resource Loader Instantiated: org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.ClasspathResourceLoader
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,085 INFO template:88 - ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization starting.
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,085 INFO template:88 - ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization complete.
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,101 INFO template:88 - ResourceCache : initialized. (class org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceCacheImpl)
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,101 INFO template:88 - Default ResourceManager initialization complete.
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,101 INFO template:88 - Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Literal
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,116 INFO template:88 - Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Macro
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,132 INFO template:88 - Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,132 INFO template:88 - Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Include
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,147 INFO template:88 - Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,351 INFO template:88 - Created: 20 parsers.
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,351 INFO template:88 - Velocimacro : initialization starting.
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,351 INFO template:88 - Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in templates
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,351 INFO template:88 - Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined inline may NOT replace previous VM definitions
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,351 INFO template:88 - Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline will be global in scope if allowed.
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,366 INFO template:88 - Velocimacro : messages on : VM system will output logging messages
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,366 INFO template:88 - Velocimacro : autoload off : VM system will not automatically reload global library macros
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,366 INFO template:88 - Velocimacro : initialization complete.
[hibernatetool] 17:54:49,366 INFO template:88 - Velocity successfully started.
BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:56 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

good to see you make it work.

Can you tell me what "had a hard time" was about ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:01 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

your database report tables names in lower case, and your filter is in uppercase - i assume that is the issue.

We should probably detect or have an option for case sensivity in this case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:06 pm 

Changing to lower case does not fix the problem - still getting all or nothing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:17 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

looking at the log it finds the tables alright, but for some reason the database does not report columns for these tables. Any chance you have a buggy driver or not enough permissions to read this metadata ?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next