-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Need confirmation on required run-time dependencies
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:26 pm 

[b]Hibernate version:2.1[/b]

We are intending to redistribute Hibernate 2.1 with our product. I would like to get confirmation from the Hibernate team on the minimal set of dependent JARs that must be included in this redistribution and cannot be left out via configuration. Here is my list along with comments

[list]
Apache DBCP, CP30 or Proxol. Not strictly a requirement since there is a built in connection pooling mechanism. However, doc says to not use the built-in for production so one of these should be considered a requirement.

CGLIB. I am not sure why this is required, but SessionFactory configuration documentation implies that it is. Runtime failures occur under the configuration we are using if CGLIB is not present.

JTA. Again, not quite sure why this is required since a configuration can use the JDBC transactions, but even when configured with JDBC transactions a runtime failure occurs if jta.jar is not on the classpath.

Apache Commons Collections.

Apache Commons Logging.

ODMG-3.0.jar

DOM4J

[/list]

[b]
Thanks in advance for confirmation that this is indeed the list of minimally required dependencies for Hibernate 2.1, or for information on how to configure Hibernate to not require particular jars in this list.

Steve Forsyth
HP
[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:24 am 

Maybe I should explain further why I am seeking confirmation on HIbernate 2.1.8 run-time dependencies. Basically we need to get approval for the licenses encumbered. Given that LPGL is not the only license involved it would be nice to know the minimal set of dependencies, and therefore the minimal set of encumbered licenses.

I'd really appreciate any input on this topic.

Thanks,

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:22 pm 

Ok. So a little more reading and I now clearly understand why CGLIB is a required piece. Any input on the JTA.JAR?

(I am suprised to find that no one has replied to this yet -- even just to tell me what a stupid question it is ;-))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:17 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

read the lib/readme.txt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:17 am 

Thanks Max. Exactly the info I needed. One question though, EHCACHE is listed as required, but it would not seem to be if configured to use the HashtableCacheProvider. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:58 pm 

All set on this now after reading thru the Cache info in the user manual. I see there that HashtableCache is not recommended for production use so its essentially the same situations as with Connection Pools.

Thanks Again.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]