-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Annotations against Hibernate 3.0.3?
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:40 am 

I've just upgraded to Hibernate 3.0.3 and my annotations-based configuration is now failing with the stack trace below. (I'm using the beta 1 preview of annotations).

I entirely understand this - presumably the Hibernate API has changed.
My question is what the best course of action is - does the CVS version already support 3.0.3? Is 3.0.2 known to work against the preview? (The feature I need was introduced in 3.0.2.)

Looking at the CVS head version of AnnotationBinder, it looks like it should be okay for 3.0.3, but I don't tend to like using nightly builds if I can help it!

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Hibernate version:

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.hibernate.mapping.OneToOne.<init>(Lorg/hibernate/mapping/Table;Lorg/hibernate/mapping/KeyValue;)V
at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationBinder.bindOneToOne(AnnotationBinder.java:1302)
at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationBinder.processElementAnnotations(AnnotationBinder.java:757)
at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationBinder.processElementsOfAClass(AnnotationBinder.java:573)
at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationBinder.bindClass(AnnotationBinder.java:436)
at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.addAnnotatedClass(AnnotationConfiguration.java:94)
at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.parseMappingElement(AnnotationConfiguration.java:235)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.parseSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1285)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:1267)

<snip>

Name and version of the database you are using:

HSQLDB 1.7.2.7, not that I think it's relevant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:28 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Use CVS head, it is as stable as the preview release. I'm working on the documentation part right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:29 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

actually more stable since I fixed some bugs :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:56 pm 

I tried CVS head yesterday - it didn't compile against 3.0.3. I can't remember the exact error, unfortunately. Would it be worth me refetching and trying again? I could post here if it still fails.

Any idea about when there'll be a further release though? It would be nice to have a less shifting target :)

Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:49 pm 

It may compile agains 3.0.5, but what I did (this past weekend) was checkout Hibernate3 CVS head and build against that. It works fine, haven't seen any issues. Lists are working with @IndexColumn (yeah!) but I wasn't able to get CascadeType.DELETE_ORPHAN to work. I expect that is still a work in progress, since I didn't see a testcase that exercised it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:25 pm 

Yup, I managed to get it compiled against 3.0.4 in the end.
Unfortunately that doesn't have the fix I need (and it doesn't look like 3.0.5 does either). Currently I'm using 3.0.0 with a backport of the Distinct class... I'm still not comfortable about using a random CVS cutoff point.

I do hope the annotations project gets fully released in a reasonable timescale...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:35 am 
Beginner
Beginner

/sign for fully releases in a reasonable timescale...

And in the meantime, which is the CVS path to the annotation package?
Code:
cvs co -d "metadata" -P -A "/HibernateExt/metadata"

Cheers,
Christian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:12 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

DELETE_ORPHAN is working.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]