-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: jboss 4.0.2 hibernate 3 cannot deploy har
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:39 pm 

It looks like HARDeployer doesn't see hibernate project smsbidservice.har at all ! So it cannot deploy it
Could anyone explain me why?

Hibernate version:3

hibernate-service.xml:
<mbean code="org.jboss.hibernate.jmx.Hibernate" name="jboss.har:service=Hibernate">
<attribute name="DatasourceName">java:/SmsFactoryDS</attribute>
<attribute name="SessionFactoryName">java:/hibernate/SmsFactory</attribute>
<attribute name="Dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect</attribute>
<attribute name="CacheProviderClass">org.hibernate.cache.HashtableCacheProvider</attribute>
<attribute name="ShowSqlEnabled">true</attribute>
</mbean>

server.log:
2005-05-04 01:41:00,468 DEBUG [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Starting deployment of package: file:/C:/usr/local/java/jboss-4.0.2/server/thunder/deploy/smsbidservice.har/
2005-05-04 01:41:00,468 DEBUG [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Starting deployment (init step) of package at: file:/C:/usr/local/java/jboss-4.0.2/server/thunder/deploy/smsbidservice.har/
2005-05-04 01:41:00,468 DEBUG [org.jboss.hibernate.har.HARDeployer] accept> url=file:/C:/usr/local/java/jboss-4.0.2/server/thunder/deploy/smsbidservice.har/, accepted=true
2005-05-04 01:41:00,468 DEBUG [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] using deployer org.jboss.hibernate.har.HARDeployer@c4bc34
2005-05-04 01:41:00,468 DEBUG [org.jboss.hibernate.har.HARDeployer] Deploying HAR; init; org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@d3450f8f { url=file:/C:/usr/local/java/jboss-4.0.2/server/thunder/deploy/smsbidservice.har/ }
deployer: org.jboss.hibernate.har.HARDeployer@c4bc34
state: INIT_DEPLOYER
watch: file:/C:/usr/local/java/jboss-4.0.2/server/thunder/deploy/smsbidservice.har/
altDD: null
lastDeployed: 0
lastModified: 0
mbeans:

2005-05-04 01:41:00,468 DEBUG [org.jboss.hibernate.har.HARDeployer] looking for nested deployments in : file:/C:/usr/local/java/jboss-4.0.2/server/thunder/deploy/smsbidservice.har/
2005-05-04 01:41:00,468 DEBUG [org.jboss.hibernate.har.HARDeployer] Checking deployability of [name=com, url=/C:/usr/local/java/jboss-4.0.2/server/thunder/deploy/smsbidservice.har/com/]
2005-05-04 01:41:00,468 DEBUG [org.jboss.hibernate.har.HARDeployer] Checking deployability of [name=tw, url=/C:/usr/local/java/jboss-4.0.2/server/thunder/deploy/smsbidservice.har/com/tw/]
2005-05-04 01:41:00,468 DEBUG [org.jboss.hibernate.har.HARDeployer] Checking deployability of [name=smsbidservice, url=/C:/usr/local/java/jboss-4.0.2/server/thunder/deploy/smsbidservice.har/com/tw/smsbidservice/]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:24 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Um I don't understand. You say it does not see it, and yet then you post the exact log statement that show it does (DEBUG [org.jboss.hibernate.har.HARDeployer] accept> url=file:/C:/usr/local/java/jboss-4.0.2/server/thunder/deploy/smsbidservice.har/, accepted=true)

How about just explaining the behavior you are seeing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:33 am 

Well actually it sees it, but HARDeployer doesn't deploy the project finally.
I can't see the smsbidservice.har in jmx-console jndi tree
When I try to execute tests with Cactus it reports me that such classess aren't exist

Alex

HARDeployer parses every file in the directory but actually doesn't load the har module.
It doesn't map

steve wrote:
Um I don't understand. You say it does not see it, and yet then you post the exact log statement that show it does (DEBUG [org.jboss.hibernate.har.HARDeployer] accept> url=file:/C:/usr/local/java/jboss-4.0.2/server/thunder/deploy/smsbidservice.har/, accepted=true)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:39 am 

I suppose HARDeployer ignores META-INF/hibernate-service.xml

Alex

steve wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:32 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Actually (oddly enough) it really does ignore the META-INF/hibernate-service.xml file (aside from verifying that it is there. But this is what the deployer has always done.

The reason is a quirk in the JBoss deployer hierarchy where only SARDeployer knows how to process service descriptor files. So instead, what HARDeployer does it to tell the MainDeployer that the META-INF/hibernate-service.xml file is a sub-deployable. The MainDeployer will then delegate processing the hibernate-service.xml file to the SARDeployer.

You need to show far more of the log for me to be able to determine what (if anything) went wrong.

Quote:
I can't see the smsbidservice.har in jmx-console jndi tree

Which? jmx-console and jndi-tree are two completely different things. And in neither would you "see" smsbidservice.har. In the jmx-console you'd see "jboss.har:service=Hibernate"; in the jndi-tree you'd see "java:/hibernate/SmsFactory".

Quote:
When I try to execute tests with Cactus it reports me that such classess aren't exist

What do you mean by "such classess aren't exist"? The classes are obviously available on the classpath, or else you'd never even see the log messages from HARDeployer. How about posting that exception, as well as the code with which you try to access the session factory.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]