-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Hibernate3 support added to XDoclet2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:27 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hello, all.

I just want to make small announcement for those who uses XDoclet (1 and 2 ver.).

Today I have commit Hibernate3 support into xdoclet2-plugins sourcecode. So I encourage everyone to try it. The sources you can find in CVS http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=88133

If you think that you found a bug feel free to post it to JIRA
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/XDP.

I would say that I am using XDoclet2 plugin in my day-job project and xdoclet2 works perfect. Try it and you’ll see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:18 am 
Expert
Expert

How to get binaries from source?
Is Maven the only way?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:31 am 
Beginner
Beginner

alesj wrote:
How to get binaries from source?
Is Maven the only way?

For now that is only way to build binaries, you are right. I am working on nightly-build distributions and it will be available in a few days.

I can share compiled plugins (w/o dependencies) + examples if you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:49 am 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
I can share compiled plugins (w/o dependencies) + examples if you like.

Please do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:51 am 
Beginner
Beginner

See here http://belus.of.by/~userarea/xdoclet2-plugins.zip

Feel free to ask any question here or in xdoclet-plugins-intrest
maillist http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=88133

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:53 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

God news, thanks a lot :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:42 am 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
God
:-)

Wassup: Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:27 am 
Expert
Expert

When trying to run XDoclet2 to generate H3 mappings I get the following exception:

Caused by: org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyException: The node "org.dom4j.tree.DefaultElement@1d88db7 [Element: <x:doctype uri: jelly:xml attributes: [org.dom4j.tree.DefaultAttribute@402af3 [Attribute: name trim value "true"], org.dom4j.tree.DefaultAttribute@c3e9e9 [Attribute: name publicId value "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Mapping DTD 3.0//EN"], org.dom4j.tree.DefaultAttribute@31f2a7 [Attribute: name systemId value "http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd"], org.dom4j.tree.DefaultAttribute@131c89c [Attribute: name name value "hibernate-mapping"]]/>]" could not be added to the branch "null" because: Cannot add another element to this Document as it already has a root element of: x:doctype File: jar:file:C:\Documents and Settings\alesj\.maven\repository\xdoclet-plugins\jars\xdoclet-plugin-hibernate-1.0.jar!/org/xdoclet/plugin/hibernate/HibernateMappingPlugin.jelly At tag <hibernate-mapping>: line: 18 column: 47

This is mine ant build.xml:

<project name="xdoclet2-plugin" default="xdoclet2">

<property name="xdoclet2.lib.dir" value="${user.home}/.maven/repository"/>

<target name="xdoclet2">
<mkdir dir="${basedir}/target/xdoclet2/persistence"/>
<path id="xdoclet2.task.classpath">
<!-- xdoclet2 -->
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/xdoclet/jars/xdoclet-SNAPSHOT.jar"/>
<!-- Add the xdoclet2 plugins jar here -->
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/xdoclet-plugins/jars/xdoclet-plugin-hibernate-1.0.jar"/>
<!-- xdoclet2 runtime dependencies -->
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/generama/jars/generama-1.1.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/picocontainer/jars/picocontainer-1.0.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/nanocontainer/jars/nanocontainer-1.0-beta-1.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/nanocontainer/jars/nanocontainer-ant-1.0-beta-1.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/qdox/jars/qdox-1.6-SNAPSHOT.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/velocity/jars/velocity-1.4-dev.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/commons-logging/jars/commons-logging-1.0.3.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/commons-collections/jars/commons-collections-2.1.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-1.0-dev.jar"/>
<!--
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-1.0-RC2-SNAPSHOT.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-20030902.160215.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-tags-antlr-20030211.143720.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-tags-jsl-20030211.143151.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-tags-log-20030211.142821.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-tags-velocity-20030303.205659.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-tags-xml-20040613.030723.jar"/>
-->
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/log4j/jars/log4j-1.2.8.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/commons-logging/jars/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/dom4j/jars/dom4j-1.4-dev-8.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/commons-beanutils/jars/commons-beanutils-1.6.1.jar"/>
<pathelement location="${xdoclet2.lib.dir}/commons-jexl/jars/commons-jexl-1.0-beta-2.jar"/>
</path>

<taskdef
name="xdoclet2"
classname="org.xdoclet.ant.XDocletTask"
classpathref="xdoclet2.task.classpath"
/>

</target>

<target name="remove" depends="xdoclet2" >
<delete>
<fileset dir="${basedir}/src">
<include name="**/*.hbm.xml"/>
</fileset>
</delete>
</target>

<target name="hibernate" depends="remove">
<xdoclet2>
<!-- defines the file handled by xdoclet2 -->
<fileset dir="${basedir}/src">
<include name="**/*.java"/>
<exclude name="**/Header.java"/>
</fileset>

<!-- defines the processing of a plugin -->
<component
classname="org.xdoclet.plugin.hibernate.HibernateMappingPlugin"
destdir="${basedir}/src"
version="3.0"
/>
</xdoclet2>
</target>

</project>

As you can see I managed to use Maven to pull the XDoclet2 stuff down.
I changed the commons-jelly jar with the last one from apache site.

With running with all those commented jelly jars (and not dev jar) I also get an exception:

Caused by: org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyTagException: jar:file:C:\Documents and Settings\alesj\.maven\repository\xdoclet-plugins\jars\xdoclet-plugin-hibernate-1.0.jar!/org/xdoclet/plugin/hibernate/HibernateMappingPlugin.jelly:30:82: <j:import> could not import script

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: define

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:05 am 
Beginner
Beginner

-dev dependencies seems too old to use with xdoclet. (as I see at apache dists they are created at Jan'2004)

>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: define
Add dependency commons-jelly-tags-define

I use beta-4 of commons-jelly version and its works great. I have tried to run with latest version of Jelly but sometimes strange error appears (something like 'Jelly script already garbage collected') so I had to roll back to beta-4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:37 am 
Expert
Expert

>>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: define
>>Add dependency commons-jelly-tags-define
I thought it was this, but couldn't find this jar, as it wasn't pulled down with Maven.

Changed back to jelly-1.0-RC2, added this jelly-tags-define jar and it works now :-).

A useful link: http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/libs/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:06 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Now you can download xdoclet2 official distibution from http://sf.net/projects/xdoclet-plugins. It contains all plugins also with required dependencies, sources and plugin unittests.

Have a fun with xdoclet2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:24 pm 

wassup wrote:
Now you can download xdoclet2 official distibution from http://sf.net/projects/xdoclet-plugins. It contains all plugins also with required dependencies, sources and plugin unittests.

The link didn't work. sourceforge doen't even seem to have a xdoclet-plugins project. Wassup -- can you help?

Thanks

Raj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:27 pm 

erinol0 wrote:
wassup wrote:

The link didn't work. sourceforge doen't even seem to have a xdoclet-plugins project. Wassup -- can you help?

Thanks

Raj

Sorry--my bad. The link has a period at the end--just remove it and it works.

Thanks

Raj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:39 pm 

erinol0 wrote:
wassup wrote:

Thanks

Raj

Sorry--my bad. The link has a period at the end--just remove it and it works.

Thanks

Raj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:03 pm 
Regular
Regular

Hi All,

I'm using JBoss IDE's XDoclet support for generating .hbm mapping files. I want to use this XDoclet2 with JBoss IDE. Did any one try that??? Is it supported???

Thanks for your input in advance!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next