-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: associations to self
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:30 am 

I have two classes, A and B, where B extends A.

A is persistent : @hibernate.class table="ATable"
A has some nice properties that are persistent, so far so good.
However, A also has a property B (recall B is a subclass).

Tagging A.getB() with : @hibernate.many-to-one column="b" class="B" is not successful. SchemaExport yields error "MappingException : Could not find class B".

B is tagged as follows : @hibernate.subclass table="ATable"

I guess the error comes from the fact that as schemaexport processes A.hbm.xml, it encounters a reference to B.hbm.xml which does not exist ("B.hbm.xml" is really bundled in "A.hbm.xml" due to inheritance).

While isolating my problem, I also experience that the inheritance is not the only problem here. The same story applied if I change the association to B with an association to self (A).

It looks like schemaexport cannot continue because while processing A, it needs to process A, ...., .....

How do I resolve this kind of assocation?
(Yes, I agree the assocation may be somewhat weird, but the association is there for a good reason)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]