-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Can a Filter SQL query be cached?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:49 am 
Senior
Senior

Hi,

I am implementing data-row access security using Hibernate3 filters and I am wondering if hibernate is caching the filter query results since the filter is written in SQL and does not relate to any entities known (mapped) to Hibernate.

Here is my use case:

We are allowing CSRs to work with FinancialTransaction objects for authorized Account and we are securizing their access through an ACL query set up as a filter on the Account entity.

The filter is something like: account_id in (select securedentity.numeric_key from ...join user_table on...join group_table on...join role_table on... where securedentity.entity_type='some.package.interface.Account' and acls1_.read_allowed=1)

I would like to know if the filter query can be cached in some way and, if we can, how can I specify it to be managed as read-only.

Thank you in advance,

Vincent Giguère

Hibernate version:Hibernate 3 rc1
Name and version of the database you are using:Sybase 12.5.3

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]