-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: lame mapping problem
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:57 pm 

Hi

I think my problem is quite simple but have no idea how to handle it.
As a result of hibernate query I want to get collection of objects. Each of them is filled with data taken from several tables. I need this data only for read only purposes. Let's see an example:

There are tables: USER (id, name), ORDER(id,user_id,date)

I want to get a collection of rows, each of them consists of two columns:
order_id, user_name, based on joining above tables.

The problem is that I have only one class that I can use as a container : OrderRow, that has two fields orderId and userName and setters and getters for that fields.

The second assumption is that I don't have mappings for objects User and Order in my hbm file. This is because that tables are filled with data by another application. In my application I only need them for report pupropses. In other words, let's assume sql query:

select o.id as id,u.name as name from ORDER o left join USER u ON o.user_id = u.id

I just want to dynamic fill the OrderRow objects list with data from above query without having mapping for both entity tables ORDER and USER .
I thought it would be possible with hibernate dynamic initialization but in that case I think I have to specify mappings for User and Order entities and create classes (User and Order), but I don't want to. Is there any other possibility???

Thanks

Bartek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:27 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I don't quite understand your reasoning. In anycase try http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/reference/en/html/querysql.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:51 am 

Thanks David

Yes , that was my first idea to solve this, but was discarged because of
net.sf.hibernate.MappingException: No persister for MyReportContainer

where MyReportContainer is my report class. It is impossible or very complicated to create mapping for such class because it has to be mapped to several tables. I wrote that I don't want to create mapping . I just wanted trivial solution that will copy data from resultset to list of MyReportContainer objects. I thought it should be possible if the container class has setters and in my sql query I map each column to field.
So the No persister.... excepttion was a bit dissapointing to me, cause I thought the mapping is not neede.

Thanks
Bartek

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]