-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: passing POJO from one jsp to another
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:30 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hibernate version: 2.17

Hi guys,

I have a web page which has 2+ jsps. This question is only related to two of them. In first jsp i retrieve data and recieve a POJO. I need the same POJO in the second jsp. Usually to pass data from one jsp to another I submit the first jsp's form to second jsp.
How can I pass POJO from one jsp to another? I dont want to retrieve it again.

Thanks

Post subject: session
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:09 am 

I might consider placing the POJO in the session. Keep in mind that after you retrieve the POJO on the 2nd JSP that it will be a detached object from the perspective of hibernate. This would require special handling if you wanted to then change it and persist it. If you simply want to display it then there should be nothing more to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:33 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Quote:
Keep in mind that after you retrieve the POJO on the 2nd JSP that it will be a detached object from the perspective of hibernate

not if you use long session per application transaction

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]