-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Setting up environment
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:36 pm 
Regular
Regular

I am trying to set up an application using hibernate and the session facade ejb pattern. I am running Eclipse v3.1 m4 and myeclipse plugins. We have choosen the facade pattern because it will allow us to give access to the business layer to other applications in the enteprise, not all java. This may not be the best place to ask this question but I will give it a shot. I am having trouble determining the correct way of setting up the enviroment, should I set it up as a J2EE application and set up different projects for the EJB's, and web or do I just set it up as a web project and put the Session Facade ejb's in the package structure simmilar to the way it is set up in the caveat emptor example? Any feedback is greatly appriciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:48 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I tend to split it into two (or more) projects. The outputs build the deployment package components. It really does not matter that much just do what you feel comfortable with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:00 pm 
Regular
Regular

if you split the projects, one the ejb one the web, how do you pass the objects between the two? I know you will use JNDI to locate the EJB, but how does that ejb know of the objects in the DAO and Model layer? Is there some reference that I could read or look up? Thanks, Tim

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]