-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Optimistic locking: increment the version of a parent object
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:43 pm 

It is not an error. It is just a question. How could i increment the version of a parent object when the version of one of its child objects is incremented. I need it to get an optimistic locking at the parent level and not just at child level. For example suppose a bill having many items. When a user modify an item and save the bill, the traditional behaviour is just increment the item version. In addition, i want to increment the bill version to keep the optimistic locking at bill level. Thanks a lot.

Hibernate version: 2.1.6

Mapping documents:
The parent object mapping document

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1251"?>
<!DOCTYPE hibernate-mapping PUBLIC "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Mapping DTD//EN" "http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-2.0.dtd">
<hibernate-mapping>
<class name="ar.gov.mecon.esidif.domain.pagos.FacturaEscenarioPago" table="FACTURA_ESCENARIO_PAGO">
<id name="id" column="ID" type="long" unsaved-value="0">
<generator class="native"/>
</id>
<version name="version" column="VERSION" />
<many-to-one name="factura" column="ID_FACTURA" not-null="true" />
<many-to-one name="medioPago" column="ID_MEDIO_PAGO" not-null="true" />
<many-to-one name="cuentaCobradora" column="ID_CTA_COBRADORA" />
<many-to-one name="cuentaPagadora" column="ID_CTA_PAGADORA" />
<list name="itemsEscenarioPago" lazy="true" cascade="all-delete-orphan" access="field">
<key column="ID_FACTURA_ESCENARIO_PAGO" />
<index column="IDX" />
<one-to-many class="ar.gov.mecon.esidif.domain.pagos.ItemEscenarioPago" />
</list>
</class>
</hibernate-mapping>

Child object mapping document

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1251"?>
<!DOCTYPE hibernate-mapping PUBLIC "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Mapping DTD//EN" "http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-2.0.dtd">
<hibernate-mapping>
<class name="ar.gov.mecon.esidif.domain.pagos.ItemEscenarioPago" table="ITEM_ESCENARIO_PAGO">
<id name="id" column="ID" type="long" unsaved-value="0">
<generator class="native"/>
</id>
<version name="version" column="VERSION" />
<property name="importe" type="double" column="importe" not-null="true" />
<many-to-one name="itemFactura" column="ID_ITEM_FACTURA" not-null="true" />
</class>
</hibernate-mapping>

Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:

Name and version of the database you are using: Oracle 10g

The generated SQL (show_sql=true):

Debug level Hibernate log excerpt:

Post subject: Interceptor callback
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:43 pm 

I suppose an easy way would be to use Interceptor.findDirty, and have it mark the child id field as dirty if the child is dirty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:59 am 

I am trying to find a solution for this issue too. According to Hibernate Doc a collection will only be marked as dirty when an item is added or removed, but not when an item is modified.
I need to increment the parent version even when an item in one of its collections of children is modified. This doesn't happen automatically in Hibernate and I haven't found any "nice" way to tell Hibernate to do it.
currently i am thinking of 2 possibilities:
1) Configure an Interceptor and implement findDirty() returning the index of the collection property in the parent when a change in the state of any child was detected. Problems or difficulties of this approach:
- Im forced to reimplement the same logic already provided by hbm, just changing slightly its behaivour (i don't like it!). Is this a feature not present in Hbm or is there any way to do it but just not documented ?
2) Extend Hbm's DefaultFlushEntityEventListener and override dirtyCheck() to perform this check as I want. Then configure Hbm to call the extended listener instead of Hbm's default when the flush event occurs. I should check the instance lifetime of a listener in Hbm...instances of listeners are created whith every new session ?

I like the second option better than the first one.

Has anyone already found a decent solution for this problem ? thanks a lot !!

Offtopic for mbutti:
Mati, no me propongas la columna de second_level_version en la factura porque no puedo tocar las tablas del modelo más allá de agregar la col de version y listo !! (limitaciones del proyecto).

Saludos para la banda del Mecon !!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]