-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: classpath for database driver in Eclipse hibernate console ?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:18 am 

How can I the right classpath for database driver in Hibernate Console in Eclipse ?

The dialog displayed by the wizard only allows my to add a directory, and not the jar that is found in the directory ?

Post subject: Re: classpath for database driver in Eclipse hibernate conso
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:42 am 

joeatergo wrote:
How can I the right classpath for database driver in Hibernate Console in Eclipse ?

The dialog displayed by the wizard only allows my to add a directory, and not the jar that is found in the directory ?

Solved, please ignore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:59 pm 

Can you give the details of solution. I am hitting the same issue .

thanks
cmpuser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:01 pm 

I suspect you are having the same problem we just had. You need to add the jar files for the database drivers in the following way:

1. Create a folder in the project and copy the database driver jar files to it
2. Add these files to the project build path (do NOT use the add external jar, use the add jar)
3. Now create the mapping config and the console config. When you create the console config the path to the database driver jar file should show up automatically in the config screen

Aron Cox
Capilano Caollege
acox@capcollege.bc.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:12 pm 

Thanks that did the job.

cmpuser

Post subject: Re: classpath for database driver in Eclipse hibernate console ?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:18 pm 

I can add the hsql.jar manually.

However, my problem with that is that the hsql.jar is named in the pom.xml as a dependency and it is added to the repository. Also, all the database connection details are defined in the hibernate.cfg.xml.

The project can get other jars when it needs them, but can it also get the hsql.jar when it is needed? E.g. can't it be started/stopped from some other plugin as a data source view on Eclipse?

It may need to be given a cue to start/stop, since the tutorial in the Hibernate manual (Chapter 1) manually starts it with "mvn exec", or I can start it with Java manually.

However, I want to be able to do it from an Eclipse plugin, so I don't have to resort to command line, that forces me to leave Eclipse :-(

Thanks,
Yoichi

Post subject: Re: classpath for database driver in Eclipse hibernate console ?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:38 pm 

Hm, I figured it out a bit.

I can't still start/stop it from Eclipse with some Hibernate related plugins, but I can set up a Run configuration with Java application with:

Main tab:
Project = hibernate-tutorial
Main class = org.hsqldb.Server

Arguments tab:
-database.0 file:target/data/tutorial (this is where the data files will be created)

Classpath tab:
Bootstrap Entries: JRE whatever (automatically added)
User Entries: hibernate-tutorial (automatically added)
** Maven Dependancies ** (automatically added)

The Maven Dependacies is automatically generated by passing the pom.xml file, and the hsqldb.jar is listed as a dependency in there.

<dependency>
<groupId>org.hsqldb</groupId>
<artifactId>hsqldb</artifactId>
<version>1.8.1.1</version>
</dependency>

The point here is that you are not supposed to add any jars to the project directly (i.e. there is no /lib directory), but you must add dependency descriptions to pom.xml. Actual jars are added to the .m2/repository.

I think that the Maven dependencies was created after I ran "mvn compile", but not sure.

Also, I think that I had to add the hsqldb1.8.1.1.jar, javaasssit.3.9.0.GA.jar, servlet-api.jar, hibernate3.jar to the local repository myself. I was trying a few things, so I can't remember exactly, but Maven will tell you in the error message how to add them to the repository.

Yoichi

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]