-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: WHERE IN (1, 2, 3) and JDBC "in" parameters
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:03 am 

Description

I've got a situation where I've got a n number of parameter values that I need to use as the WHERE conditions in a query. I currently hold these values in an array.

I can loop over that array and generate the WHERE clauses by-hand. That much works great. Something like this (pseudo-code):

Code:
String sql = "from Table where "
for (int i=0; i++; i<StringArray.length() ) {
  String value = (String) StringArray[i];

sql += "field = '" + value + "' AND ";
}

Ok, so obviously that code won't work exactly, it'll leave you with a dangling "AND" boolean, the for syntax is probably wrong, yadda, yadda. But hopefully it gets the idea across. That way will work.

But...

I noticed the WHERE IN syntax allows you to compare against an array of values. Hmmmm.

So is it possible to pass an array as a JDBC "in" parameter to a HQL query? In other words, it'd be nifty if I could do this:

Code:
List result = session.find("from Table where field in ?", StringArray, Hibernate.????);

There's no Hibernate "array" type (thus the Hibernate.????) so I'm thinking this isn't directly supported. But is there a workaround? The IN clause is very handy, I'd love to be able to bind an array to a query parameter when using it.

Thanks!

- Gary

Hibernate version:

2.1[/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:31 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Query.setParameterList(String, Object[])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]