-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cashing in Hibernate
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:24 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi All,
I've been trying to use caching in hibernate but while working I realized some points and I need some explanation for them , if anyone could help.
1- when I used caching in the hibernate mapping files
i.e: <cache usage="read-write"/>
and after tracing the log of mysql, I found that it executed two similar queries which are:
select customer0_.cid as cid, customer0_.name as name, customer0_.address as address, customer0_.tel as tel from customer customer0_ where (customer0_.name='c2' )and(customer0_.address='c2add' )

2- When I used : query.setCacheable(true) , it executed two different queries which are:
select customer0_.cid as cid, customer0_.name as name, customer0_.address as address, customer0_.tel as tel from customer customer0_ where (customer0_.name='c2' )and(customer0_.address='c2add' )

and

select customer0_.cid as cid0_, customer0_.name as name0_, customer0_.address as address0_, customer0_.tel as tel0_ from customer customer0_ where customer0_.cid=3

3- When I used both : <cache usage="read-write"/> and query.setCacheable(true) , it executed only one query.

Could anyone please explain the differences between the three cases specially the second one.

Thanks in Advance.
Sherihan.

Hibernate version:

Mapping documents:

Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:

Name and version of the database you are using:

The generated SQL (show_sql=true):

Debug level Hibernate log excerpt:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:29 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

The first one cache the instances by their ids
The second one cache the ids of the entities returned by a query

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]