-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Map several classes to the same table?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:46 am 

Hi,

I would like to map several classes to the same DB table, in order to implement different "views" of a business object.

But I'm running into a problem: I keep getting Exceptions like this:

net.sf.hibernate.WrongClassException: Object with id: 15 was not of the specified subclass: de.ovsag.cool.data.person.model.PersonHandle (loaded object was of wrong class)

I think what's happening is this: the business object in question was already loaded in the same session as a different class, Person. When Hibernate later tries to load an object of class PersonHandle mapped to the same DB table and which has the same ID, it returns the already loaded object, which has the wrong class.

Is there any way to work around this problem?

Post subject: Actually a bug...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:12 pm 

Well, turns out that my guess about the source of the problem was wrong, it
occurred only when mapping collections. And it seems to actually have been a bug in Hibernate that's already fixed - at least the problem disappeared when I upgraded to 2.1.7c from 2.1.6

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]