-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Advise on usage of Hibernate
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:06 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hello:

I apologize if this topic is slightly off from the usual topics that come up in these forums.

My organization is currently undertaking a project in which data from a DB2 database on an AS 400 system needs to be migrated to an Oracle database on a Linux platform. What we are dealing with here is a HUGE amount of data that needs to be migrated from one system to another. In some cases, some tables on the AS 400 contain over two hundred million records in them.

I would like to know if anyone who reads this has ever encountered such challenge and if Hibernate would be the ideal tool for this job. If so, any experiences and/or advise you can share with me would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you know of any tools out in the market that have been used in the past for this purpose, I'd also appreciate it if you can share that information with me.

Thanks in advance,

Juan Alvarado

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:44 pm 
Expert
Expert

If you want only migrate hibernate isn't for this - best tool is pure jdbc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:03 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Evaluate Octopus.
http://solutions.objectweb.org/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:45 am 
Expert
Expert

octopus doesn't have built-in support for db2 on as400.
It seems, that you must change config-files (no problem) and source-code :( to get it work ...

I haven't spent much time, but with the MySQL-DB everything works fine, but not with the db2 on as400.

I've found the following as a first solution (don't know what else has to be done): http://mail-archive.objectweb.org/octop ... 00007.html

gtx
curio

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]