-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2 many-to-one to the same table
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:23 am 

Hibernate version:2.1.6

Hi;

This is my first question to this forum, since I had to do allot of reading before bothering people with questions :)

I have a strange reaction from hibernate, and I can't get it...

I have a class called "Shipment" it contains allot of info., another class called "ServiceAreaCode" that contain cities and so...

each Shipment contain 2 ServiceAreaCode objects, one is origin the other is destination...

simply... (This is a part of the map only)

Code:
<hibernate-mapping package="trackingApp.data">
<class name="Shipment" table="Shipment">
<id
column="shipmentID"
name="ShipmentID"
type="java.lang.Long"
>
<generator class="identity" />
</id>

<many-to-one
class="trackingApp.data.ServiceAreaCode"   
name="OCodeID"
not-null="true"
>
<column name="orgCodeID" />
</many-to-one>

<many-to-one
class="trackingApp.data.ServiceAreaCode"   
name="DCodeID"
not-null="true"
>
<column name="dstCodeID" />
</many-to-one>

now when I use only one ServiceAreaCode, it get eagerly fetched, but when I use both 2 calls are issued to the database, which make significant drop in performance.

Why? and how can I eagrly fetch these 2 objects? FetchMode doesn't work, I tried it.

I know some people would say that this is not a many-to-one relation ship, since there is 2 links to ServiceAreaCode, if my mapping is wrong, please correct me, but still I need the same logic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:29 am 
Expert
Expert

i don't know exactly ... but you can try ;)

I think per default hibernate only fetchs one association eagerly ... if you want more, you need to set "hibernate.max_fetch_depth" to a value greater than 1 ...
If you set it to 2, then 2 associations will be included in the outer-join ...

But if that will work in your case, i don't now, sorry ...

gtx
curio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:58 am 

"hibernate.max_fetch_depth" is good if you have a tree relation, I mean if you have table->table->table...

What I want is

TableA has 2 references in tableB, but not in a collection, each is an object by itself.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]