-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: A question about how Hibernate do setId
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:16 pm 

hello there,

im a noobie.

For mapping a class to database table, we usually have this Identifier/id column.

I found out that the class implementation provided by me, not necessarily need to have function to setId; something like public void setId(int id)

Even the id attribute could be put as private to the class.
So i wonder, how could hibernate help me extract/set the id from database table accordingly?

Any reference/help/links/articles are very much appreciated

Regards,
Robin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:14 am 

usually one would leave getID() public, make setID(..) private and let hibernate generate the identifier like this

Code:
<class name="whatever" table="whatever">
  <id name="id" column="id">
     <generator class="native" />
  </id>
</class>

there are a number of different generators (besides native) available, and you could even implement your own

alternatively you could not have a getID or setID property at in your domain object all like this

Code:
<class name="whatever" table="whatever">
  <id column="id">
     <generator class="native" />
  </id>
</class>

you can then retrieve the id with session.getIdentifier, but because the ID is not in the object you can't detach/reatach these objects from a session

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]