-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: CacheSynchronization.afterCompletion does not call flush
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:10 am 

I am looking at trying to integrate transactions from a third-party framework with hibernate. Assume that the Framework uses JTA (it doesn't, but I can probably implement some basic JTA or JTA-like transaction manager).

In particular, I would like it if a commit from within the framework flushed and committed the hibernate session.

I noticed that Session.connect() and JTATransaction.begin() both register JTA synchronisation callbacks as follows:

Code:
   tx.registerSynchronization( new CacheSynchronization(this) )

where tx is an externally obtained javax.transaction.Transaction.

The CacheSynchronization class calls Session.afterTransactionCompletion(). This does a lot of stuff, but appears not to do a flush.

However, if I commit from Hibernate explicitly, it does flush().

So, I am wondering:

1. Why this is (that the synchronisation does not call flush) and if there are any problems with registering a Synchronizer that did flush, and if not, how to do it?
2. On rollback, would I need to call an 'unFlush' method, or would afterTransactionCompletion() clear out the pending requests.
3. If anyone knows of any tutorials on implementing JTA classes for a simple framework. In particular, collaborations between classes.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:18 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I implemented this in Hibernate3 CVS, actually. It is controlled by a property setting.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]